• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just seen that one. Gets annoying after about 1 minute!

I want this! I want this!  

Fashionably over a barrel at least.....  

I can imagine that the dudes that get in early with decent efforts make a killing and as times goes on and there is more and more it gets harder to stand out. It sure is easy to click on that DOWNLOAD button and get charged 600 yen or whatever. Guilty of it myself.

slap

9.99 quid = 2000 yen. Hmm, what was the exchange rate again!? grandpa

I am slightly tempted though to see what it's like. It would be good to have that every day.

But.. the price seems very/too steep in principle.

They should give you 1 day sample to try out, but it's pretty much the whole newspaper and it gets downloaded so you can read offline.

Well, gg, compare it to the quid you would pay if you bought the paper every day... then, it's cheap.

I don't have an ipad, but I can imagine the experience of having the whole paper in your ipad each day, nicely laid out etc, would be a pleasant experience and one rather different from sitting at your computer clicking on links on the website.

Sure will be interesting how all this kind of thing develops.

OK so I decided to try out the Times app.

2000 yen so you owe me a few pints, 2pints... wink

Verdict - I really like it. From what I can tell, the complete newspaper. There is TONS to read, in fact I have just spent probably the last few hours going through it. All very nicely laid out, great hi-res photos, some interactive stuff. But tons of content.

I would never have read that much of the Times website or any other news website. I was reading it relaxed on my big comfy reclining chair with a few cups of tea. So an altogether different kind of reading to sitting in front of a PC and looking over things and just clicking on a few articles. Like reading a newspaper I suppose. doh

So I've got 28 of these for my 2000 yen. We'll see after that if I still have the time to read it and find it worth carrying on. But I'm positive about the idea and how it is presented. I certainly don't regret trying it out for a moment.

You're on!

They really should include The Sunday Times. Apparently they are making a Sunday Times app and it will be separate. Not a good idea. Should be included.

But.... I do like what there is. Seems it gets released about 4am UK time so around lunchtime Japan time.

Pretty good muikabochi.

I have been using it for quite a good few hours and it still be well above half full.

I heard that you can get 10 hours from it even if you use it a fair bit - I'd say that sounds reasonable.

Interestingly, I have packed away the old laptop I used to have on my table in the lounge. It was just mainly for browsing and some mails. The ipad has taken over those duties now and made it more fun too.

thumbsup