• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just seen that one. Gets annoying after about 1 minute!

I want this! I want this!  

Fashionably over a barrel at least.....  

I have noticed the Snow Japan ipad app hanging about in the top 10 of the Sports section since it went up there. Saw it at Number 3 one day. Is that a Japan-only chart or "all" App Stores?

Well done anyway!

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Seems like you can pre-order it, but they aren't telling you how much will cost!

lol

Yeah, had a play with it today in Yodobashi Yokoham, yet when it come to price.

You guessed it.

Breathe in through the teeth, and a wakaranai!
  • SnowJapan Admin

We submitted a new version on Saturday, so hopefully that will be available perhaps early next week if all goes well.

Hopefully some of the stability issues some people are experiencing have been almost eliminated.... working on a further build trying to squash out any remaining bugs.

• SnowJapan Admin

OK! Some people have been experiencing it crashing in some situations, so we ploughed back all of the profits from the first few weeks on sale and last week spent 4 days or so testing new versions as much as we possibly can to try and eliminate these issues. Strange thing is/was that it doesn't not seem to happen with everyone, but obviously we don't want it happening at all.

This is when the "it takes 8-9 days to get a new version online" system really does seem pretty crazy. There is simply no way to quickly "fix" an app.

Anyway, hopefully this new version will be all-round more stable for everyone.

smile

Went to a docomo shop today to ask about the Galaxy Tab.

Seems they are none too keen on giving out prices, but in the end I got a costing of something like 55000 yen out of the lady. Thats with a "changing machine" discount, she said it should be 60something. So thats more expensive than the ipad.

And, she seemed to be telling me that you cannot use a data-only docomo plan with it. It has voice you see, so you'd need to change over to a plan that includes that.

And, she seemed to be saying that you can't just buy the machine without any kind of monthly plan.

She didn't seem 100% confident with all that lot, so hopefully she is wrong.

Now heres a question, given the above....

Say I have an NTT docomo tsukaihodai foma data package.

And I buy an overseas version of the Galaxy Tab.

Can I stick the sim into the overseas Galaxy Tab and use it like that?

Originally Posted By: klingon

Good question that.

I don't know the answer.

OK I went to a docomo shop today.

First assistant told me that my current data plan could not be used on the Tab, and that when I changed plan I would then not be able to use my PC usb thingy or my wireless thingy. After some polite asking of questions - because I was pretty goddam sure she was wrong - I was passed on to another lady who told me that I COULD swap the card around between the dongles/whatever you call them.

The only thing that needs changing is the "plan". You would need to pay an extra 780 yen (?) for the "don't use it as a phone but it's a phone" plan. Which apparently is necessary. So on top of what I pay now, an extra 780 yen a month.

If I wanted a Tab and also able to use my wireless/pc dongle thingies all on the same Foma card.

Phew.

Originally Posted By: klingon

Good question didn't ask that one.

But my guess is that the other way round, no.

Seems this Tab is locked into Docomo the same way as iPad is to Softbank. Actually, even more so because you can't just buy a Tab without a contract.