Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
ipad owners.

Do you still love your ipad?

I think I love it more and more. Apart from the silly Flash issue, it's just ace, I use it so much.

Yes really like it.

Not Flash is at times very annoying though.
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just seen that one. Gets annoying after about 1 minute!

I want this! I want this!  

Fashionably over a barrel at least.....  

Used a friend's ipad for 8 days on my trip. Impressive in what it does, but I wouldn't buy one unless Apple added USB & network ports. The lack of Flash would annoy, but not be a deal-breaker. I'd be more bothered by the need to keep a magic-clean cloth handy in any kind of bright lighting. Saw a prototype Samsung tablet with a screen about halfway between ipad & ipod touch -- looked rather interesting and the size would probably be (for me) more appealing.

Yes it is that, Galaxy Tab.

7 inches but apparently the screen is no better than ipad in terms of resolution.

Out of interest, why do you want USB port? I haven't once thought it would be necessary on my ipad. I suppose I just use it for surfing mainly and playing with some apps.

Far easier to download applications with a laptop or desktop and then transfer via USB, either cable or stick.

Of course, Apple really want you to get all your apps through their portal because that's how they keep tabs on you, what you use and what they can push advertise to you, plus they can charge whatever they like for the privilege.

This is not anti-Apple, just anti-monopoly practices, no matter WHO. (read Microshaft, Apple, anyone else)

Originally Posted By: Slippery Jim
... Didn't really have time to check it out carefully as wine/pasta were waiting, ...

Priorities right, I see, Jim!! wink
Originally Posted By: JA
(read Microshaft, Apple, anyone else)

Really? Microshaft? rolleyes Next perhaps Micro$oft. wink

But agree with you though - they do track your purchases and then offer you things based around past views and purchases.

how do you download apple apps without using their portal then JA?

What's "genius"?

Yeah amazon pushes things at you based on past views, purchases, recommendations or downloads.

As soon as I click on the iTunes store within iTunes, I get scrolling adverts for music and artists. confused

Like you MB, I don't "look" at them, well besides a brief glance, but they haven't convinced me to buy them as of yet. biggrin

I don't use itunes other than to backup.

I download via my ipad.

No ads there that I can see.

Genius is a tab on the store on the ipad which, I think, recommends things based on previous purchases.

Don't use it, it's certainly not in your face.

Isn't it funny how people who don't actually have the device, know so little about it, come out with all these firmly held views on things that just aren't quite correct. Why do that? You just sound silly.

Wasn't meaning you Rob.

But in general, it's just silly. If you don't (think you) like it (because of the name on it) or whatever, so what?

Just leave it and move on!

I don't get why people feel the need to bang on about things that they don't really know about anyway

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
Wasn't meaning you Rob.

But in general, it's just silly. If you don't (think you) like it (because of the name on it) or whatever, so what?
Just leave it and move on!
I don't get why people feel the need to bang on about things that they don't really know about anyway

it's because those people are really smart. They know everything in their own little universe.