• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just seen that one. Gets annoying after about 1 minute!

I want this! I want this!  

Fashionably over a barrel at least.....  

• SnowJapan Admin

Just thought i would update this thread too...... an updated version of our worldwide chart-busting iPad app should now be available from the App Store, fixing a few stability issues. smile

A further date should be following in the near future.

Rupert Murdoch thinks that the iPad is the beginning of the future of media. Steve Jobs agrees. That's why—according to WWD's sources—News Corp. is releasing an iPad-only newspaper called The Daily. Created with Apple's help, says the Guardian:

According to reports, there will be no "print edition" or "web edition"; the central innovation, developed with assistance from Apple engineers, will be to dispatch the publication automatically to an iPad or any of the growing number of similar devices.

The "central innovation" sounds a lot like Push, but I can imagine them implementing something within the application itself. A push that will update the front page or section content and layouts dynamically, as hotter news arrive straight from the news room. Just like this:

Murdoch's minions have been working on this tablet-only newspaper for a long time, putting one of his stars at the helm of the new venture: Jesse Angelo, the managing editor of the New York Post. Angelo has been handpicking top editors and writers to create The Daily which, according to sources close to the project, will be a "tabloid sensibility with a broadsheet intelligence."

The new tablet-only newspaper would use the new App Store subscription model at 99 cents a week, about $4.25 per month. The app may go in beta this December, while WWD suggests that Murdoch himself could join Steve Jobs on its 2011 public presentation.

I like the folders, not used to the multitasking yet.

One thing I do NOT like is the orientation lock being moved to some swipes on the screen rather than the hardware button on the side. That is a bad idea. Why?!

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
One thing I do NOT like is the orientation lock being moved to some swipes on the screen rather than the hardware button on the side. That is a bad idea. Why?!

Totally agree, that is a real doh idea.

I found this site by accident and downloaded the iphone app.

I'm so glad I did.

Didn't know there was an ipad one but just downloaded it (I had already updated os to 4.2) and can't see any problems at all. Works great, very smooth, and the big screen really makes a big difference.

Top work, I can't believe how useful this site is.

Great to have found it.

What a sweet way for people to find out about the snow here.

Ski resorts and everyone should give you a very big thanks.

clap

Which photos?

"Love Angry Birds, like we do? Have you downloaded the $0.99 Halloween version of said mobile game? If yes, the "Christmas" themed version of the game will become available to you, for free, as an update in the near future."

Hey folks not in Japan with an ipad.

Whats the bookstore you got like?

The Japan one is still I think exactly how it was when it launched - laughably bad with only a handful of "free classics".

Amazons Kindle app is great and thats where I have bought a few books.