Originally Posted By: thursday
DON'T get an Ipad now!!!

Hang on for the Ipad2 in April.

I knew a 2nd one was on the way but I did not know it was in April (if that is the case I guess I save up for a mac mini first..) got a link mate ?
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just seen that one. Gets annoying after about 1 minute!

I want this! I want this!  

Fashionably over a barrel at least.....  

There is no official news yet shadowtec, just strong speculation. And inevitability.

And even if they released it in April you would probably find it hard to get one then. Probably best to think more June realistically.

When did you finally get your HK ipad thursday?

yeah but it changes which comes first the dev computer or the ipad (hell I can even buy a 2nd hand touch to test apps on)

/ was doing 3d programming in uni but I have not done much in a while as far as openGL goes

// been looking at this objective c that they use

screen4.jpg

povray (all code) at uni

render3.jpg

I crushed the other student's sprit when they had problems even programming a box

I post some more when I make screens of the current project I have just started

Got to admit I'm not really interested in cameras, USB ports and stuff.

What I am interested in is a finer screen, perhaps less heavy and also more memory.

No doubt get one and ipad1 will be my bedtime reader.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I could not help myself and I went out and brought a 32 gig iPad. It is wifi only because I want to go and get a pocket 3G wifi router so I can connect my laptop and other stuff next time I get sent out for work. (I left my 3G USB stick at home and I had no net in the sat truck)

After my japan trip I will save up for a Mac mini so I can start 3d development.

Quote:
So, we heard from our source that the iPad 2 would have a "super high resolution" Retina Display, we heard from AppleInsider that the iPad 2 is getting around 4X the graphics performance of the iPad, and of course there's the fact that the iPhone 4's Retina Display offered a pretty impressively painless upgrade path for developers -- an iPad 2 with a 2048 x 1536 screen is starting to sound less and less like the crazy dream of naive fanboys. But wait, there's more! A .png has been found in the iBooks 1.2 source files, dubbed Wood Tile@2x.png. It's sized at 1536 x 800, while the old and busted Wood Tile.png in iBooks 1.1 was 768 x 400 -- that's 2X in each direction, or 4X the pixels, for anyone who's counting. Incontrovertible evidence? No, but we want to believe.

That would be absolutely AMAZING.
I hope it is true.