• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just seen that one. Gets annoying after about 1 minute!

I want this! I want this!  

Fashionably over a barrel at least.....  

Obviously people will have different needs and what they want , but i just don't see it.

If you want printers and all sorts of other stuff, thats why you have your computers for all that. I don't use my ipad for anything like that, it's just a fun leisure machine... that gets a ton of use.

Simply do not need that kind of thing on this machine. Good for me hey? wink

ahhh.... see... people see the pad as a laptop PC.

It aint. It's a completely new computing concept. (grumpy old mofos just go grump to your mo).

It's all about lifestyle and not being tied down to the conventional notions of computing. Just slide your fingers to experiemnt.

But for the sake of responding to your point, It most certainly is a different way of doing things, even if "the technology" isn't "new".

Sitting here with my iPad typing this, I just wouldn't be doing it with a laptop or net book. It's just.... better, simple,easier, less hassles.

But like I said, does it really matter!

I'm going to check out this new Galaxy tab thing as well, and compare them - will be interesting to see how they do compare.

No it doesn't matter, but the comment I made wasn't directed at you gg, keep your thong on eh? wink

It was in response to Thursday.

Have spent considerable time with an iPad as a friend as one. And as thursday said above, and agreed with the comment I made, it is for consumption, not construction.

You enjoy your iPad, fine, we get the hint, doesn't mean we can't have a conversation about it's advantages/disadvantages, does it?

Well, I can think of several reasons I'd need a USB port. Glad for you if you don't need one, but I do. I'd also want (not insist on but certainly prefer) a network connection. You can live without one? Great.

As I said, I used an ipad for a week -- well, eight days actually -- and I found it useful. But not useful enough as it stands for the price. For me. If it works you, fine. I'll wait to see if they make one that works the way I want to use it.

As for the Galaxy pad, it already has one huge advantage (for me) over the ipad in that it's pocketable. I can live with the smaller screen.

FWIW, I don't really care that much about Apple or Amazon tracking me and pushing adverts, although I'd rather they were prohibited from doing it. It's a minor imposition.

But once again, I am amused at the ire aroused whenever anyone dares to offer even the slightest criticism of the First Church of Steve Jobs. You fanboys really need some time on snow!

lol

Same as gg, only have ever used an ipad and ipos. So theres not fanboy here.

I see it the other way round quite often actually. People diss on something apple because its apple, then when someone defends the thing, they are the ones getting all worked up for some reason. Why?!

Some companies just seem to bring extreme reactions from some people. Personally i don't get that.

haha anyway who cares. People should buy what they like and if they like it, cool.

wave

Hey, if the shoe don't fit...

And as Muika says, people should buy what they like.

Personally, I like the Mac quite a bit. Plan to replace my current mac mini with a new mac mini, probably next year (if any money left after ski season). But to an awful lot of people Apple has become a religion, and like all converts....