• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone heard how they're organising this? They say they are broadcasting it all live on Fuji, but won't some of the concerts be happening at the same time? Any details on how and what they plan to broadcast it?

Anyone going to Makuhari tomorrow? I didn`t manage to get tickets don`t think after applying through the pretty complicated system of donating and waiting. Good way to raise some money though and is all for good cause.

AM going to pop down to see whats going on as live fairly close, its on till 10pm and then they play the Hyde Park Live 8 on a MASSIVE screen in the hall also. Should be good! Apparently the Live 8 gig will be played on big screens in major towns and cities here also for a bit of a party atmosphere!

Supposedly the leaked line up for London >>

1) Paul McCartney/U2 - Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

2) U2 - One

3) Coldplay - In My Place, Fix You. Coldplay will then team up with Richard Ashcroft to perform a duet of Bitter Sweet Symphony

Little Britain stars Matt Lucas and David Walliams will appear on stage, then introduce Elton John.

4) Elton John - Saturday Night's All Right For Fighting, Bitch Is Back. Elton will also perform a duet with Pete Doherty, Children Of The Revolution

5) Dido - Life For Rent, White Flag, Thank You

6) Stereophonics - TBC

7) REM - The One I Love, Losing My Religion, Imitation Of Life, Everybody Hurts

8) Ms Dynamite - Dy-na-mi-tee, Judgement Day, Redemption Song

9) Keane - Everybody's Changing, Somewhere Only We Know

10) Travis - Sing, Turn, Why Does It Always Rain On Me?

11) Annie Lennox - Walking On Broken Glass, Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves, Sweet Dreams

12) UB40 - Medley

13) Snoop Dogg - TBC

14) Razorlight - Somewhere Else, Golden Touch, Vice

15) Madonna - Like A Prayer, Music, Ray Of Light

16) Snow Patrol - Chocolate, Run

17) Joss Stone - I Had A Dream, Super Duper Love

18) Scissor Sisters - Laura, Take Your Mama

19) Velvet Revolver - TBC

20) The Killers - TBC

21) Sting - Message In A Bottle, Desert Rose

22) Mariah Carey - Vision Of Love, Make It Happen

23) Robbie Williams - Let Me Entertain You, Rock DJ, Feel

24) The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again, Baba O'Riley

25) Pink Floyd - Money, Comfortably Numb, Wish You Were Here

26) Paul McCartney - Long And Winding Road

27) Finale - (Approximately 8.45pm) Paul McCartney rumoured to be joined on stage by the likes of Mick Jagger and George Michael.

I'm not sure if I'll ever recover from seeing Simon le Bon and those Duran Duran boys singing "Fat", er, "Wild Boys"....

I thought or was maybe just hoping that kind of stuff was banned from this century. Seems as though he has been munching the pies right through since the 80s though lol.gif

You can watch highlights on aol.com - er, well, maybe. I haven't been able to figure it out yet.... Mac's only supported on AOL browser and Firefox. I couldn't get Firefox to see it, but I downloaded it specially, I assumed it'd pick up all the plugins but perhaps I have to somehow link them all up again. Don't even try downloading and setting up AOL unless you want to give away all your life information with US phone numbers and zip codes.. (and even then they want you to phone them to verify your info). thumbsdown.gif

I hope I can to see it eventually. I think there are some sites you can listen on.

I enjoyed it got it all on my hdd recorder and watched it this morning, happily skipping over the people I'm really not interested (anyone country, Duranduran, aha, some punk dudes, etc).

Some good performances in there and the small clips they made in between the artists were geenrally very well made and quite affecting.

And it was totally awesome to see and hear Pink Floyd together again.

It said at the end that they are going to repeat it - no cut - on August 13th and 14th (I think) on Fuji 721.

Marks out of 10 for the London artists on the bbc:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4645039.stm

I suppose they are being generous, spirit of the event and all, but

REM - 9

?! I must have seen a different performance. The one I saw was more like 5.

Hate him and his songs or not, but Robbie Williams sure knows how to work a crowd.

The Floyd, what can I say.

\:\)

Bit Torrent sites are starting to load up with audio and video clips - the whole thing will be online by tomorrow I bet...

Pink Floyd sounded great after all these years - can't wait to see it.

Good - I can bypass AOL then...

I can't believe Pink Floyd got together again. After reading their biography I couldn't imagine that there'd be any way they'd ever share a stage again (without an all out brawl!).

Here you go Powwers....very intwerrsting!

The Yannick Noah story is a lesson in how a famous sports personality has successfully reinvented himself as a singer/musician. Yannick's on-going popularity with the French public is also fuelled by his public commitment to his personal principles. Promoting peace, tolerance and solidarity through his music as well as his charity work, Yannick Noah has proved to be a pop star with a heart of gold.

I like this quote about Pink Floyd

"They look like senior partners in a firm of chartered accountants, but 24 years after they last shared a stage, they sound fantastic."

Great it was, had a grand day out. Quite near the front as well. I was on telly too. It sure was great to be there.

Really good bits, but it was expected:

U2, Pink Floyd

Surprisingly good bits:

Robbie Williams, Sting, Scissor Sisters, lots of the vids inbetween (the place went silent)

Disappointing bits:

The Killers (too short!), REM, Coldplay

WTF? bits:

Elton John with Pete Doherty, Mariah Carey.

Ok, so who in the uk watched the tv coverage?

Unbelievable highlight of the day was watching Robbie Williams being interviewed mid-afternoon. Eyes totally glazed over, and chewing his face off, he avoided questions about the charitable principles of Live 8 and instead tried it on with the young lass interviewing him. When he started rubbing himself against her they cut the interview off!

Freakin hilarious… wonder if that will make it onto the official DVD?