Anyone seen the "Shawshank Redemption"?

Just finished watching the Shawshank Redemption, starring Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman. I don't know how many times I've seen that movie. Even though it doesn't contain any sex, beautiful women, snow sports or any other sports or any other of my favourite things, I still found it a great movie, among the best I've ever seen. Highly recommended!

Heartily agreed there Markie. In NZ I had the poster for it from the vid shop. Its off the dude when he breaks out and its standing in the pond in the rain. It always used to make me feel good when I looked at that poster.

I occasionally shed some droplets when watching the movies and was on the brink of doing so in the last scene when Morgan Freeman met back up with Tim Robbins on the beach. My biggest outburst, though, was watching the Japanese film "Poppoya-Railroad Man". That film had my handkerchief quite wet by the time it was over.

I sniffle on occasion. " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" /> Usually in places where nobody else is. (I also tend to laugh in the wrong places too.)

I didn't find the Shawshank Redemption amazingly good. But I do like Mr. Robbins.

Morgan Freeman is Hollywoods most underrated actor, bar none.

He has delivered some of the best performances on a movie screen, but has yet to win an Oscar, and doesn`t receive nearly the press coverage that he deserves.

Granted Oscars and press coverage aren`t everything, but for the volume of amazing work this guy does, he is largely unnoticed.

http://www.imdb.com/Name?Freeman,+Morgan

Quote:
Originally posted by zwelgen:
when he breaks out and its standing in the pond in the rain. It always used to make me feel good when I looked at that poster.
so do you view your escape from Japan as an anology to that poster Miss Suika? :p