Police just stopped me...

Quote:
Originally posted by fukdane:
It turns out that it is a popular place for the police to earn a quick buck,

Cops are pretty easy to read. They have their "hot spots" and never seems to suprise the people. same with speed camera warning signs etc.

Compared to Australia you get away with hell here. You can't even go thru an orange light and they come out of NOWHERE! in Victoria they like to take shots at you too!
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical. Here's the response from my do-goody J friend, on hearing what happened (ie no-one being around for 100's of meters, excellent visibility, I slowed right down - just didn't actually STOP, etc).....

"Well, it's a dangerous place".

"You are lucky you didn't have a big accident".

"You are luckly that it was only 7000 yen and not 40000 yen. It would have been 40000 yen if you had a bigger accident".

"Please drive carefully in Japan".

I wanted to give her a slap.

mad.gif

You can get your revenge on her by having a few drinks without telling her, then taking her for a drive. Next aim your vehicle at the nearest kei truck and ram it. When it's found that you have booze in your blood, you'll be fined a couple of years' salary. But so will your lady friend! For letting you drive while 'drunk'!

That will teach her to be so sanctimonious. \:D

If it was a hotspot, you'd think that they would have waited a bit longer to get someone steaming through the junction at normal speed instead of someone like yourself apparently slowing right down but not quite stopping. That really does sound really anal.

Give them a shock when they saw you were gaijin?

man....tough luck...

I cant believe some of the stuff I have gotten away with driving in this country....lucky I dont have a car anymore, cause I imagine I would be due soon...

I almost got threatened with handcuffs, but somehow, with my confidence boosting beer buzz, I managed to convince the cop that he had his "laws" all wrong...international driving license...of course its legal officer....dont you know the rules??

anyway, I would definetly have had my license suspeneded back home if I tried to pull off the same stunts...

danz

Just a quick update.

I go through the junction in question twice a day - on the way to and back from work. Since I was caught offending, I've been noticing other drivers.

From my observations, I reckon less than 1 in 6 drivers actually STOP at the sign. Most people doing what I did and slowing down but not quite stopping. If they stayed there every day, they'd sure find a lot of offenders to squeeze cash from.

mad.gif

Bummer dude.....wot you needed to do was pull out your embassy id card - works for everything from parking tickets, speeding fines and even cruising down the emergency lane on the expressways.

Worth twice it's weight in gold..... clap.gif

Not that I've ever done any of those things......

• 2 years later...

I got the card today telling me my drivers licence is nearly up and I need to go to get it renewed. And I need at least 2 hours. From what it says on the card, first time renewers also need this 2 hours as well as "offenders" such as myself.

What is it then, anyone?