Good movies you've seen recently

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you should stop looking up your own asshole.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.   I would like to kill all chipmunks and all people called Alvin.

I reckon he stole more than a loaf of bread. 100 more like

just watched "golden slumber" - tis a recent Japanese movie.

AWESOME!

Out to rent now, but only Japanese subs or audio.

Quote:
When easy-going Aoyagi meets an old friend for a fishing trip, he ends up drugged, framed for the Prime Minister's assassination, and on the run from corrupt cops. It's only the beginning of what quickly becomes the worst, weirdest day of his life. But he'll get by with a little help from his friends, who include a famous pop diva, a rockabilly deliveryman, a crippled old gangster, and the world's most cheerful serial killer. Among the many puzzles of this twisty, clever film is how Nakamura manages to sneak a genuinely moving tribute to friendship into the madcap procession of perilous events.

This doesn't do it justice!

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Originally Posted By: MintyNZ
Originally Posted By: RobBright
So saw Inception today, what's the problem with following it? Seemed simple enough to me, until the crappy ending.

The ending made me angry too

Back on topic after jynxx weird existential off road tour, what made you mad?
for me, the spinning top's last shot.

yeah, it was the whole did leo's character stay in the dream world or did he go back to his real kids?

The last time we see him in the known dream he leaves juno girl to go find the Japanese man. Who is the dreamer in that construct world? He is, or is his wife the dreamer (mum pointed out to me that the spinning top only keeps spinning in her dream - it is her totem (is the whole movie her dream? if she is dead or not dreaming then why will it keep spinning?)) In the last part where the Japanese man is, is that a construct of leo's dream - he dreams he finds him, dreams he wakes up on the plane and his past is redeemed, he goes back to his dream children.

You can get so lost in the potential meanings and potential realities.
  • 3 weeks later...

Been a bit of a DVD week for me:

City Island - well worth a watch. Great to see Andy Garcia play a dad with older kids, made me feel younger. This is the pick of the 3.

Sleepers - hard not to pick up a DeNiro movie, especially with Dustin Hoffman and Kevin Bacon. For a change Brad Pitt is in it but doesn't over act nor does his character get too much time.

Little Miss Sunshine - Am I the only person to have seen Steve Carell in one too many quirky roles in one to many quirky films? Toni Collette borrows a little too much from Kate Blanchett's role in the great Aussie movie "Little Fish". If you have an arts degree you'll probably love it, I dont.

And just one old classic I'll throw in for free. Tora Tora Tora - always loved it. smile

Tomorrow Im stepping back to a real classic. "The Good, The Bad, The Ugly".

Spartacus is one of my all time faves!!!!

This is the type of movie that used to get played on Sunday afternoons when I was a kid. Often when it was pissing with rain outside which meant that I had to be inside. My mum watching it and me moaning until quietly accepting that actually I thought it was great. Of course I complained BITTERLY to my mum afterwards......don't tell her I loved it!! wink