Good movies you've seen recently

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you should stop looking up your own asshole.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.   I would like to kill all chipmunks and all people called Alvin.

I reckon he stole more than a loaf of bread. 100 more like

Originally Posted By: griller
You're just really clever Rob wink

lol

Wow...Pirahna 3D....Doc Emmet Brown, dude from Mission Impossible, was that Richard Dreyfuss too?? AND crazy murderous fish!!
sweet!! smile

yeah would agree with Nisoko.......the 1st one was a quality movie.

Watched Valkyrie last night, not too bad. The only thing with historical moves is that you know the outcome at the start. I was hoping that Hitler would just die, even although I knew he didn't

Talking about the Matrix, I think it's one of those movies you can talk about it for a long time. It's underlying concept is great. I can say we are actually living in a Matrix on its own, We are like drones, the battery that sustains the powers to be, living under the illusion of choice, enjoying life of distractions.

On another level, it's a kung-fu movie. If its a traditional set-up we would think the moves as silly, but hence its in the Matrix, it's rational and he is the ONE.

But I look into the characters. Who is the interesting one? Obviously, Mr.Smith. The Frenchman. Architect. I think the side-kicks make that movie, especially the 3rd, like a comedy.

Originally Posted By: MintyNZ
Originally Posted By: RobBright
So saw Inception today, what's the problem with following it? Seemed simple enough to me, until the crappy ending.

The ending made me angry too

Back on topic after jynxx weird existential off road tour, what made you mad?
for me, the spinning top's last shot.

Thanks TB,

but really, Matrix has some very deep underlying truth, and like anything that is so, sounds silly.

Example. In the Revolutions (3rd) the Indian guy talks about love, Karma, and he explains them as just words, and the meaning as to such concepts are what a person is willing to do . Otherwise, it's just a word. I agree whole heartedly to this idea. Dictionary is just a common denominator to point the direction. Words are like paints and that have a different colour to individuals which they use to make a picture. And most of the time we don't even see what others are seeing. Even one painting alone can inspire different memory, feeling, idea depending on the person looking at it. As an artist, I am more interested in those of the observer. It a joke to me when a art crit, or someone making a consensus of what my work is all about. I know it (most of the time) and I needed to express that in the form other than words. You don't need to be my speaker, I am interested in people telling their stories what that brought out of "You".

So, some will just see Matrix as a Kung-fu, Sci-fi, special effects movie. For me, the concept of "What is reality " is, as is described in the movie.

I suppose when you had acid, mushrooms , and other non-chemically induced "Out Of Body" experience, people will make a movie like Matrix that has significance to others whom had drawn similar ideas from their experience. Damn, does anyone understand what I am writing?

Yeah.

There is "good" and there is "GOOD". When it makes you think, isn't that what makes "GOOD" ? Books, movies, etc.

I think most movie and music these days are just crap because without the images there's nothing there ...