Good movies you've seen recently

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you should stop looking up your own asshole.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.   I would like to kill all chipmunks and all people called Alvin.

I reckon he stole more than a loaf of bread. 100 more like

Bad Boy Bubby. Following is lifted off a movie review web page...

Bubby's buxom mother tricked him to stay locked at home for thirty years, during which she mounts and abuses him. Buddy ends up in the streets groping random women until finding a nurse (Angel) who is even more buxom than his late mother....

BBB is unique amongst unique films. i havent sseen a film that mixes such taboo subjects as rape, incest, and psychological abuse and uplifting mesaages such as love, compassion, and being an individual, and makes such a great film. this film will take you on a rollercoaster of emotions, you will feel uplifted, joyous, and two minutes later disgusted and dirty. while the ending is a bit corny and predictable, the film still leaves you feeling satisfied overall. it is truly hard to convey into words this film, so go see it if you can find a copy, its worth the effort

Bubby: I think Angel is beautiful.

Angel's Father: She's a fat slut.

Angel's Mother: Watch what you say, dear.

Angel's Father: Better be known that she's a fat slut.

Angel's Mother: If God had wanted us to be fat, he'd just made us all the same way, wouldn't he? But he didn't! God doesn't like fat people! Fat people are an abomination in his eyes!

Might be time to revist that.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched United 93 last night. Was on the TV (late) - the kids really wanted to see it also, and they had the rare opportunity for an easy Sunday - so we all piled into my bed and watched it together.

I think because it was simply retelling and adding that human side of a very public, tragic and well known incident all of us were very moved. #4 was not quite 2 years old at the time of 9/11, #3 was 4.5yrs old. They had lots of questions and there was a lot of discussion going on during the ad breaks.

The Wiggles rock. thumbsup

Back in the day ...before they were world famous, the local Nursing Mothers group were the organizers of them touring a dozen or so community center's around WA metro, yes they played to 'packed houses' at the local rec hall! lol

Yours Truly worked 'security' for a few of the events, which meant keeping the screaming kids back from the stage, wearing a $2 glitter covered top hat, and doing all the actions to the songs to get the kids following along. We did get a lovely photo of Reaper and #2 with Jeff after one of the concerts, was in a frame on a cabinet and just VANISHED one day. Strange.

This was a LONG time ago.

Green Zone. Matt Damon with the Ultimatum director, so camera work was a bit overly moving about.

An innocuous look at wartorn Bagdad and how those bad bad Americans kept the myth of WMDs going for so long.

Good action flick without the WOW.

went to see Green Zone the other night. Much as Thursday said, it wasn't bad, pretty fast paced action and enjoyable without being mind-blowing fantastic. Too much jerky running with the camera work though.