1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Are you a Snow Snob? Only want to go skiing on fresh powder, snub your nose up at sherbed spring like conditions?

Let's see how snobby we are! ;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by charlotte:
When you live near the snow, you can be a snob. It must be more difficult when you travel from afar. Aha haha. ;\)
Actually, when you have to travel from afar, pursuing fresh snow every weekend during the high season adds up to a huge amount of yen expenditure. So I can't really afford to go spring skiing (prefer the higher probability of powder in Jan-Feb anyways) because I spend money on other things too during the non-winter months.

I spend a lot of cash for my fix, I want good snow for that. Not the resort or hotels or anyone elses fault. I do feel sorry for them all though they must be losing a lot of business, especially for this month and April.. can't see that that many people wanting to splash out from now on.

The years I called myself a snow-snob I didn't have a pass. It was a convenient way of dismissing my desire to go skiing. I like it all, pow, dirt, ice, rocks, grass, bark, whatever. But when I had to actually pay, other things found a way of working their way to the top of the priority list. It was too bad, because skiing is all I thought about then too.

A nice 40 degree day, the sun's out, we haven't had snow for weeks- you know you wanna go skiing.

I don't get the chance to see snow often, so when I go I want it to be good. Not always possible. But don't want to get too down so I try not to be snobby about the snow

Definitely as well.

I don't go now when conditions aren't at least "good".... haven't got the movitation to like I did when I first started out. I like blue skies as well. ;\) And uncrowded slopes. And being the first one up on such a day.

Snow is about a 6 hour drive away, Japan a 9 hour flight, Canada/USA 18 hours. So I want on-snow, ski in/out accommodation and all the trimmings.

In Oz (besides B/C trips) we commonly stay in Caravans/on-site vans - depends who is on the trip - ladies and kids generally don't like unheated vans!

Am happy to ski in any weather conditions (makes ya a better rider) except for rain - been there done it too often, and am now beyond getting soaked and riding on slush.

No snob, just a different level of participation.

I have been this year. Work has been busy and so my changes have been fewer and I've also been more tired so at times the motivation has stopped me from making the effort.

I'm hoping to get out a few more times though.

Skied in France January on a package trip. Crap snow, wrecked my skis, not happy.

Skied a week in Hokkaido in February, pistes always good plus 3 days of powder fun.

Am I a snob? No, but I'm happy paying big money to ski on rocks and frozen turf either. Might skip the Alps altogether next year.... cue best winter season for 30 years ;\)

That's "not happy" I presume there threep?

When we were in Japan this season it wasn't the best, we still had a fab time of it though. Please like Nozawa help with that, it's not just all about the slopes there.

I would say I am. Not the wealthiest of people and so a trip to the snow is a fairly big event for me. I try to be flexible and time things when I do go so it is when there is fresh snow.

This all comes from once when I went and it was hard ice with rain falling - didn't enjoy that one bit.

I love powder just as much as the next person,

but I have plates and hard boots for a reason.

When I've ridden too much powder I start getting nostalgic about the regular slopes... mmm, carving.