• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh i know it's so true, especially with boots, compared to other things you could buy. i moved away from touring boots and started looking at downhill boots, but then tried on these top of the line touring boots and they were great, and thought about how pissed i'd be if my leg is ok to hike in march/april/may/june and i didn't have these amazing light boots which let me walk up easier. i also want to ski park this year, and i don't know how touring boots will be in the park? seems a bit strange?! and these boots are 78,000 yen... though i'm sure i can push him down a bit, but still?!!!!!!!!!!

you dont need the top of the line garmonts. Dont go rushing into buying anything like that its a waste of money.

If i knew you were going rush out the door to rapies in a panic I would have told you no.

If you rush to ski on your leg in these types of conditions you are just going to re-injure yourself. Stay off your leg, shop around this weekend, And keep re-habing it. USe your head or your whole season is going to be wasted and your money.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
you dont need the top of the line garmonts. Dont go rushing into buying anything like that its a waste of money.
If i knew you were going rush out the door to rapies in a panic I would have told you no.

If you rush to ski on your leg in these types of conditions you are just going to re-injure yourself. Stay off your leg, shop around this weekend, And keep re-habing it. USe your head or your whole season is going to be wasted and your money.
yeh i totally know this too - i won't ski on saturday in shit conditions, i'm in no rush, i have to work on my leg more - and i don't need top of the line touring boots when i have an injury in recovery, they are way too expensive and yes i don't need them. i was going in to rapies anyway, and not to try on boots, i just ended up trying them on. i'm not paying 78,000 yen for boots, that's just crossing the line into the insane, i'll pay money for gear, but not that much. if all i did was tour and i was more experienced, then maybe. but i don't and i'm not, and i don't want to ski park wearing boots specific for something else. don't worry, i'm going to matsumoto this weekend to shop around thumbsup.gif the garmonts were nice tho, but NOOOOO.

good cause you can get cheaper stuff for touring than that. I really think you shouldnt ski though untill you can punch your leg.

If you are afraid to punch your leg then you shouldnt be skiing. You are going to fall, you are going to bang or pull something. Better to Ski later than not at all. Dont even consider it untill after Xmas or thereabouts as you will get good training from your friends that are rocking up.

I know that Happo is higher so this early snow may only be worth skiing there, but it may also NOT be worth 3600 to ski early season patchy stuff, so I'll wait and see.

I will probably buy my 47/Goryu season pass this weekend (if i'm paid on Friday) so if it's a bit crappy in Happo and Goryu, i'll chose the latter even if it's worse there, as it won't be costing me anything more.

Does that make sense?

maybe.

If it hasn't melted much and there is decent off piste worth playing on, then i'll buy a Happo pass.

AK why did you decided to buy the 47 pass again? At one point it was definitely a throw up between the JTB and the Happo pass... and now you are going to get a pass for the most crowded weekend resort? Steep lines, but patrol patrol patrol... come ride the pow at Happo this season thumbsup.gif