• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol.gif score ! le spu glad you are alive, i was worried you know, but you are fine and thinking of me, lovely.

FT - you'll have to explain this IKEA thing to me, why it's better to go all the way to Chiba and choose in person, rather than look online and order something? am i missing something? though i did have a thoroughly reminicent time when i was there last time eating svenska kottbullar, shame potatoes are not the best in japan to go with the lovely meatballs, lingonberry and graddsas... MMMMMMM!

AK it sounds like the whole time you will be building bc booters, are you actually going to be doing any riding..... and if that`s the case why buy a pass at all you can hike in the bc build a kicker and session all day for free...

Ikea wont take online orders at all. Hard to justify going there in person to buy a couch that costs less than the trip. You could fit everything in your car etc. It was a bit of a far reaching idea one that you would either jump at or then say this. Thus you dont have to worry about it then cause it was just an idea is all.

they don't take online orders? that's a bit strange eh? i'd love an excuse to go back to sweden land in japan again, i was there a few weeks ago! but i'm not going to tokyo this weekend, i'm going to matsumoto. ps - i don't think you can fit 4 sofas in my car by the way lol. so the deal is you have to go there in person, and ask for delivery? i can't believe that! how strange!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Fubuki:
AK it sounds like the whole time you will be building bc booters, are you actually going to be doing any riding..... and if that`s the case why buy a pass at all you can hike in the bc build a kicker and session all day for free...
If I was a ghetto park rat only, then yes, points pass and build or hike the park.

But I also want to take that fs to BC runs and ride lines too. Building booters isn't everyday riding for me, but it is an important part - and a good way to learn larger rotations and have fun with just your mates on a jump.

Ideal day would be:

Powder lines all morning - then powder kicker for couple of hours in the afternoon - then blast through pipe and park on way home.

Building big booters cannot be done on your own though, so I need to hook up with people who want to do that too. Only a few gaijin might want to, so prob Japanese crew - it takes 3 or 4 people to build a jump.

Thats why park is important too - cos the jumps are already there! Although the landings are not so soft!

Back on topic - i'm interested to see how much of the rain predictd for tomorrow and saturday will be rain, and how much snow....

How's the temp / humidity feeling today in Hakuba?

What do your bones tell you?

(i predict wet snow down to half way down the bottom half runs, and cold sleety rain in the town)