• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Slow - Kaz and I just got back from Hakuba - skiing was great on top and more snow is expected for the weekend!

The problem with the bus system seems to be that only a select bunch of places can make the tickets available so if you are staying somewhere else and/or decide to go out to a restaurant or bar without a ticket or understanding the system, it will be very disappointing when you are not allowed to get on the bus! They need to rethink this I think!

this weekend is a no-go for me--too much catching up on stuff for me nengajyo, cleaning, phone calls home for the holidays, etc.

i'll get the goods on new year's

fief, great picture. backtracking his tracks, looks like he's got turns down!

Nice pic fjef. It was great in the pow on Monday and I was going to head up with my daughter on Tuesday but the people on information were super unhelpful when we rang up Goryu to see if we could sledging. I wanted to take nengajo photos with the sun out and snow on the trees. It was all "no no no, you can't go on the gondola and we've got nowhere roped off for kids". I went this morning and the first thing I saw at 47 were some people with a kid and a sledge getting off the gondola. All they had to say was "go to 47". Its piss poor, it really is.

Anyway, its quite icy up there now and there are bumps on anything intermediate and above. There are bare spots here and there, so don't bring a new board. Goryu has two very short beginner courses open at the bottom with 100% artificial snow. They are not connected. At 47, only the middle run and the cat track (lots of stones) are open off the quad. The park run is open, but there are no rails or jumps.