Can someone burn me a nice jpop compilation? That would be good. We miss out on it here, for some reason it hasn't caught on in the uk.

Don't some resorts take requests, I'm sure I read they did - complete with djs.

Can't remember where but I remember once place playing albums - obscure album filler tracks and all. I think it was Def Leppard or something. Some 80's rock type outfit. Curious hearing all that on the slopes. Slightly better than Kinki Kids I suppose.

I'm not a big fan of J-Pop, in fact, I think I can safely say that for the most part I utterly detest it, however, for some strange reason when I am on the slopes I am quite happy with it. I wouldn't change it. There's something about "nighta" riding in Japan to ayumi hamazaki (or any other J-pop singer/group) while it's snowing that just seems plain right to me.

Quote:
Originally posted by coldcat:
I'm not a big fan of J-Pop, in fact, I think I can safely say that for the most part I utterly detest it, however, for some strange reason when I am on the slopes I am quite happy with it. I wouldn't change it. There's something about "nighta" riding in Japan to ayumi hamazaki (or any other J-pop singer/group) while it's snowing that just seems plain right to me.
Best seek help then man - you've got some long hours ahead of you layin down on a couch with a quack. Suggest you dont board this year so you can afford his fees :p

Thursday, I disagree, the worst thing that could happen is having Western pop on the slopes... Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, ... I am not a big fan of J-pop (or C-pop for that matter) but in my opinion pop in the West sucks even more.

no pop. (yes western pop sucks more... perhaps because it's easier to understand and therefor harder to block-out)

I vote Tool or Oakenfold. we had a late night at a club field in NZ blaring tool over the loud speaker. heaven it was, i'm telling ya. 11pm,Tool, beer, powder, nut-crackers... mmmmmm