• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We managed to pick up a cold last weekend in QT as well - so did the 2 people we stayed with and 2 other unfortunates that we had over for dinner. If you go there stay away from the locals! they are all infected!

Originally Posted By: shadowtec
I just did a week in queenstown (missed 2 days after getting a cold) I had a great time

snow1.jpg

wow that sure looks steep! wink

how was the snow?

wave

Bye!!!

Off to get my fix - and I believe that by the time I actually get there there should be some Heaven Sent Flakes falling to top up all the man-made (and by the looks of things there has been plenty of man-made this past week - conditions just perfect for it).

After a bit of wet snow then rain over the weekend it turned to snow last night and the higher resorts received up near 20cm overnight. So should be pretty good up there this week with more snow forecast.

Originally Posted By: Go Native
After a bit of wet snow then rain over the weekend it turned to snow last night and the higher resorts received up near 20cm overnight. So should be pretty good up there this week with more snow forecast.

That would be right. it all dumps after I go violin
Originally Posted By: Captain Stag
We managed to pick up a cold last weekend in QT as well - so did the 2 people we stayed with and 2 other unfortunates that we had over for dinner. If you go there stay away from the locals! they are all infected!

Only 2 days to go and we have a house full of sickness. sadface

Awww Mantas! That is no fun!

Well guys, I have been having a ball at Thredbo - it is snowing snowing snowing - very blizzardy up top, not all that pleasant, but there is plenty of snow of the lovely squeaky variety.

Seems snow is getting down to 1000m tomorrow which is a fair way down - the communities that get snow just a couple of times a year will be getting a smattering so I dont think the visibility will be much better tomorrow - hopefully the wind will be a bit less though.

The snow showers are forecast to lift gradually by the weekend, so we should be in for a bluebird weekend with plenty of cover - cant ask for a better week for it really.

My folks are having the best time - first timers to snow at 60 and 61, and they have been playing around on ski's....I really am very proud of them.

Got a few pic's of the snow, and some cheese at snow resorts pics for Cheeseman, but I brought the wrong blasted cable to download the pic's out of the camera - so you'll have to wait until Monday.

As for tomorrow - sorry guys - another powder day, and you know what that means! No friends - just riding!

....been excellent.

I am totally smashed tonight - in BOTH ways - been drinking far too long in the bar, and totally thrashed it on the mountain.

The conditions are just to die for. There is heaps of snow (yes we can always do with more - this IS Australia) but it has been great riding. High Noon was the pick of the runs todays at Thredbo - I swear I was managing it down the mountain on the other runs, all good...but just no 'click' if ya know what I mean....but as soon as I dropped into High Noon it was like...ahhhhhh...this is living... Fantastic stuff! A few bumps lower down where it had softened up, but mores the fun smile

sunny spring conditions here still in Thredbo.

Snowmakers have been firing pretty much every night that it is not snowing, so the cover is pretty good. Sponars was open for the first time of the season today - but it was pretty windy up that side of the mountain today, so we stuck to High Noon.

I certainly have had nothing to complain about this trip. We have had blizzard conditions and snow in the village in the early part of the week, and sunny blue skies with enough snowmaking to keep the runs in good condition. I am not keen on icy runs, and really the small patches of icy stuff at the end of the day has been no drama at all....and if you pick your path well enough you can miss most of them and ride the stashes of soft snow that have been pushed into bumps.

Nice one ! sounds like you got really lucky with the weather.

I missed my flight back to OZ via Tokyo so no snow no downunder for me.

Summer in Europe instead.

well.. a few more months and there will be snow again, and if I'm desperate there's always some snow on the glaciers. Ice is no fun, but.