We are escaping things being too bad here in this area for now.

Certainly for the time of year.

I have the window open here now and a fairly coolish breeze coming through.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's turned out clear today, and my thermometer has rocketed to an unprecedented 27C. Time to slip into something looser.

Speaking of which, when I got to work this morning, there were a couple of teenage chicks beavering away packing cake. Work experience girls from high school apparently. I wish the memsahib had warned me, I'd have worn my best underpants.

Not too bad here today.

Friday is the official start of "Let's cut electricity bills by 15%". Expect some silly nonsense going on as people go over the top.

And why Friday, why not just do your best now? confused

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Remember there's got to be a date for everything in Japan. Like how no matter how hot it is you only go to the beach within certain dates. wink

But GN....the Jellyfish!! They only arrive on September 1st, they all wait offshore for the swimming season to finish on August 31st and then move into the beach as they know that its too cold to swim in September so its safe for them to frollick in the waves! wink

doh

The fan is probably cooler than that 28 aircon! Remember, you really SHOULD be doing it at 29. From tomorrow of course. Not today, still June. It starts tomorrow.

Yes it was absolutely roasting hot yesterday here, and I did nearly melt many times, I drank about 5 litres of water yesterday, as I was out in the heat most of the day.

Thankfully much better today, still hot, but no where as bad as yesterday.