Earthquake/tsunami in Tohoku, North East Japan (11th March 2011)

I think there is some real anger brewing actually.

And it will be interesting to see how it manifests itself.

Japans nerves are going to be tested.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More please!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HrO2H4Sraw   You'd think they might put in some of the overly loud throat noises and he would do a big "ahhhhhhhhhh" at the end. Come on, where's th

Japanese generally aren't used to showing anger.

It has it's negatives but I prefer that to living in a society of negative, angry moaners all the time.

i think I can safely say though that there are a lot of increasingly angry people in Fukushima.

Originally Posted By: nagoid
I think there is some real anger brewing actually.
And it will be interesting to see how it manifests itself.
Japans nerves are going to be tested.

Yes..I'm tired of the simmering apathy. There's a time to get pissed off and that time is now. Dander needs to be raised. veryangry

It's a difficult one isn't it.

Do we want to see more frustration and pressure on people doing the bowing? Sort of.

Do we want Japan society to turn into the groaning, ugly negative vibes of society that come from certain countries these days? No thanks.

Bowing doesn´t cost anything. It´s a natural everyday for Japanese.

The government being slow and ineffective dealing with crisis is as usual. People getting pissed off and frustrated with it ... Yes, expected reaction.

Reminds me of the Kobe quake.

Actually the Yakuza was helping out people by distributing baby powdered milk and diapers, etc on the spot while the goverment was taking time to decide what to do.

There were loads of strikes and demostrations in post-War Japan. From the photos, some of them look quite violent. Without the rapid economic recovery and then expansion, they possibly would have continued.

Anyway, its a side of the Japanese psyche or persona or culture that rarely gets mentioned.

It wasn´t about prosperity. As a nation, Yes but not as an individual.

The Demonstration and the violent clashes with the police were based on:

* The right to strike.

* The right to have a independent work Union, not a company or government controlled one.

* Against Japan-America security arrangement, that we are under the protection of the U.S nuclear umbrella and supporting it.

* Narita Airport construction.

Was a big one here last night, felt like a vertical one too.

Does anyone know where that kind of information could be found, ie vertical or horizontal?

Felt it here in Yamanashi too, well rather my wife felt it then decided it would be a good idea to wake me up at 4:30am to tell me about it.

I wouldn't have felt it if she didn't wake me up. It did seem to last a while though!

Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
Only a 3 in Tokyo max. Think what it felt like in 5+ country.
Not that I'd know!!

Exactly, you wouldn't, and as most of us living in the Kanto/Chubu/Tohoku area have been on the receiving end of a 3 and a 5+ recently, we know what is feels like.

rolleyes

Anyone feel the quake last night? Woke me up, and I usually don wake up from them. Think it was only about a 3 at my house, maybe around 12am (?)

Originally Posted By: norcal
Anyone feel the quake last night? Woke me up, and I usually don wake up from them. Think it was only about a 3 at my house, maybe around 12am (?)

You kidding? It was a 5 here. We were pretty much at the epiccenter of that one :( Me and Mrs. BM went running out of the house.
Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
Originally Posted By: norcal

You kidding? It was a 5 here. We were pretty much at the epiccenter of that one :( Me and Mrs. BM went running out of the house.

Yep..pretty good jolt. Mrs. C was grabbing onto me pretty good. Big, badass protector...Chriselle.. haha party