Well I realized I owe it to SJF to post up some stuff that's been going on with my stay in Japan. Since everyone has been super kind (even Rob) to give me info and help along planning my trip here is everything I have so far worth sharing. The video I put together is pretty bad but as I have been saying I am waiting for footage from another camera so I can make it much more interesting with multiple angles. This is a video JUST for SJF so feel special.

Here it is:

I am going to get some footage from the Arc'teryx team that has been in Niseko for the past week. Erik Hjorleifson and Jonaven Moore have been shredding around here and they are some awesome guys to ride with. Both very easy going and the whole crew has been a treat. I got to sneak a few hits in here and there and will grab the video from their camera guys soon smile

Some photos from our avalanche barrier session

Photos courtousey: Simon Ramsey

Clayton gets up close and personal with the snow

mitchpee_29.jpg

Me doing a flat 3 off the barrier

mitchpee_30.jpg

Mattias does a front flip

mitchpee_31.jpg

Also had the fortune to meet Stu "Sand" who should have some good go pro footage. Slippery Jim, who is another really cool guy with a lot of knowledge about pizza! Jenny and I am not sure if her boyfriend Kenji is on here, but they are 2 awesome people worth more than taking a few runs with.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing stuff! How on earth do you get so good on a pair of skis?! Im hoping to get enough courage up to attempt a 360 this season, but doing flips and and so on is something I can only dream about!!

No problem, it can be done.

The old skydiving saying applies here too. The sky is not the limit, the ground is. (or the sky is the limit until you hit the ground)

Any landing is good when you can walk (ski/board) away. thumbsup

Originally Posted By: Gary
Amazing stuff! How on earth do you get so good on a pair of skis?! Im hoping to get enough courage up to attempt a 360 this season, but doing flips and and so on is something I can only dream about!!

You mean you can't do all that Gary?! wink

Nice vid and pics Mitch.
  • SnowJapan Admin

Actually the server is experiencing a very heavy load today for some reason slowing things down, so if it's not a slow connection issue on your end please try again later.

Unfortunately it will never work on an ipad/iphone as it is flash.

Thanks.