1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Just out of nothing but idle curiosity inspired by the nozawa thread im just curious how much youre happy paying on AVERAGE.

I know we'll all sometimes go mental, and other times kip on peoples floors, but just wondering what you usually consider par for the course levels of accommodation. Me, im a budget backpackers guy - 3000 yen per night if i can sneak it, 4000 if im caught unawares and 5000 if im desperate. But outside that, id honestly rather get back on the train and go home. smile

Personally I live 10 mins from my favourite ski resort in the world so no need for spending cash to stay. But if I was going elsewhere I'd generally spend up between Y5,000-Y10,000 per person per night.

One thing I can say though there's no shortage of people out there with money who are prepared to spend up big on accomm. The most expansive apartment I manage goes for Y244,000 per night in the peak holiday season, sleeping up to 6 (over Y40,000 per person per night). It is one of my best selling apartments currently being booked out from 13 Dec to 27 Feb with barely a gap and a couple of March bookings as well. It amazes me what people are prepared to spend on luxury!

Originally Posted By: thursday
Onsen onsite is a must.

for me Onsite would be a bonus, but a good one would have to be nearby. Often the places I stay have onsen, but they aren't always the best. I do like to be within walking distance of a good one

Price isn't an issue.

Depends on meals, amenities -like Thursday, onsen is a must, discount tickets, distance to slope.

Max would be 20k a night for a room if above stuff is included. But also been known to slum it in some 3k places too.

not sure if I can jump on this bandwagon but i'll try any way. smile

Our package is $3000NZD per person for 17 nights in Niseko but that includes airport transfers, 14 Days Niseko All Mountain Lift Passes, accom obviously and brekkie in a lodge, i am happy to have shared facilities to save a few bucks, means you can stay a bit longer!!

T - 3.5 months and counting biggrin

Originally Posted By: CptSlow
not sure if I can jump on this bandwagon but i'll try any way. smile

Our package is $3000NZD per person for 17 nights in Niseko but that includes airport transfers, 14 Days Niseko All Mountain Lift Passes, accom obviously and brekkie in a lodge, i am happy to have shared facilities to save a few bucks, means you can stay a bit longer!!

T - 3.5 months and counting biggrin

Choice brew! biggrin WOW Great deal... nay, excellent!!!!. Does that include airfares too??? veryshocked

We are paying 3500 - airfares, transfers and 10 days / nights in the upper village with no breaky but are self contained. That could've been 3200 but some inconsiderate bastards took our room elsewhere last 3 days we wanted... damn you inconsiderate bastards lol

hey, its 5k each all up for the whole package, what i quoted before was just the Niseko part, on top of what i already mentioned we get return air fairs to Tokyo and then up to Hokkaido, and 4 nights in Tokyo thumbsup i reckon.

woops and dates we leave NZ on xmas eve and arrive in Niseko 28th FUN!!!!! 2nd time out of NZ too and 1st time was this year to Australia