See....

Quote:
Slimming organisation Weight Watchers to sign a deal with fast-food giant McDonald's.

The deal, which was officially launched in New Zealand today, involves the placement of the Weight Watchers logo onto the packaging of three McDonald’s meals — Chicken McNuggets, Fillet-O-Fish and Sweet Chilli Seared Chicken Wrap.

Get stuck in there!

They have ALL Italian Macca now in Italy.

Italian beef, cheese, bread ... officially launched by the agriculture minister with the seal of Italian flag on it.

Looks good. Not like the macca pics you see on the ad and the different looking stuff you get at the shops. Gotta get one and put it in my drawer again and see what it looks like in 2 weeks.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Yes, because having a seal on it makes it officially healthy to eat.

Exactly, it may be low in calories but that still doesn't take away from the grade Z meat, processed cheese, and heavily starched bun.

I've honestly never understood the vehement dislike of Mc D's. For obvious reasons, nearest Mc D's is at least an hour away, I eat at their restaurants infrequently but I do love a filet o fish. It's the only burger I really ever have of theirs. It's without doubt one of the best fish burgers I've had at any burger joint I've ever been to. You either like their food or you don't. What's the big deal?

Don't worry... I gave up eating basically all forms of fast food a long time ago so I don't single out only McDs. I tried it and didn't like it. In fact, most fast food makes me physically ill (stomachaches, lethargic etc) I've tried a few other places and the only one I've gone back to is Freshness Burger (which if you've been to you'll quickly realize that it isn't really a fast food place at all wink )... but that closed in my city about 4 years ago...

I also understand why some people might actually hate a company like McDs because of what it represents... it can mean more to people than just liking their food or not.

I think the biggest objections started in regard to the USA and McDonalds. The big difference over there (from Aus at least) is that the fast food high fat drive thru food is WAY cheaper than a healthier option. And the supersizing is a reality - they always ask - and the servings at not just upsized they are mega-super-ridiculous upsized.

I also had an experience of traveling for 3 weeks in Hawaii, Cali and San Diego with my kids (6 yrs ago, so they were all pretty young) where they all went totally feral. I had never seen anything like it in my life. They were cheeky, naughty, aggressive with each other and super hyperactive. The biggest shock was when we got home and their behavior went back to normal. It was all the horrid preservatives and additives in the food we were buying - and we were not eating MacD's every day either - it was in the food served up at restaurants and cafe's as well.

In our local area you can get a cheap Macca's meal (well Hungry Jacks at least), but you can also locate some simple fresh and uncomplicated options for not much more money in the stores close by.

Originally Posted By: Go Native
I've honestly never understood the vehement dislike of Mc D's. For obvious reasons, nearest Mc D's is at least an hour away, I eat at their restaurants infrequently but I do love a filet o fish. It's the only burger I really ever have of theirs. It's without doubt one of the best fish burgers I've had at any burger joint I've ever been to. You either like their food or you don't. What's the big deal?

Maccas have long been the scape goat when it comes to obesity, particularly child obesity. They are single handedly responsible for it in some peoples eyes. personal responsibility and freedom of choice go by the way side.

GN I cant believe you like the filet o fish....yuk!

Look at it from a kids' point of view.

Go to macca and you meet Ronald the clown and all the magic happenz...

Parents get hassled, and the easy way out is take them there, hell, they all want a birthday party there...

put a ad on telly what you don't get. No Ronnie in the shop and the burgers don't look like that on the pic.

Preservatives makes me sick.

:chuckchunder:

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Macca's meal (well Hungry Jacks at least),

mmmmm........I like Burger King!! Much better than McD's although I do partake in a McMeal every now and again.
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
It was all the horrid preservatives and additives in the food we were buying - and we were not eating MacD's every day either - it was in the food served up at restaurants and cafe's as well.

Many years ago a group of us went into the first 'Chilli's' Restaurant that opened in Australia (Campbelltown NSW). Not long after we sat down, a rotund Pommie bloke - not unlike Bob Hoskins (ascent and all) - came over and introduced himself as the Manager. Obviously we were his target customers (30-somethings).

We got talking to him about opening an American francise in Oz. He advised us of many things, but of particular note was the need to source alternative food colourings, flavourings, and other additives because most of the ones used in the States are illegal here! On his search for replacement 'chemicals' he found it was easier to use natural products than manufactured alternatives.

Having been to the States a number of times, I gotta admit - much of their food is terrible e.g. grain fed beef is crap (range feed is higher quality), their chook tastes like the cardboard box it came in, and all the breakfast cereals we viewed in the supermarket were loaded with sugar.

It's not about population and the need to supply food, it's about subsidised (cheap) high volume, low quality food.

If McDonalds call it fish or chicken, you can bet it's of an extremely low order. Probably shark (loaded with heavy metals, PCB's, dioxins, etc), the chicken is reconstituted scraps left from processing - beaks and arseholes. That's why it's cheap ... only one step up from 'Soylent Green' in my opinion!

Wonder how much McD's paid Waist Watchers for the Seal?
Originally Posted By: SubZero
beaks and arseholes.

That made me laugh.

And then again, I might just remember this next time I go.
Not that it's often but every now and again.

It's probably similar to the Heart Foundation seal in Aus. Not everything that gets the seal is necessarily that good for you but it may be the best choice out of that range, accepting that people will eat stuff that aint good for them.

The agricultural industry here in America appalls me.

It's completely immoral and profit driven. We have all these organizations (FDA, Healthy People, etc) and yet nobody ever knows what goes into their food. It's like a god damned puppet show and the people at the top of the industry don't want it changing anytime soon. Much like the oil, healthcare, and drug industries, the people who have had a longstanding fortune off these obviously don't want to give it up.

This is why I am the most upset with the US. I saw some poor (literally poverty stricken) Palin supporter who was preaching against the government "not taking his money". It's sad that they have even the common man wrapped up with these issues and they have attached a "patriotic" feel to their political party. It's sad that people still don't realize the income disparity is at an all time high and that guy who had "his money" taken by the government would benefit far more from some of Obama's plans.

Anyway, back to food...Watch food inc. It will make you never want to eat beef here in the US.

Out of interest, Mitch, do you eat beef?

Atleast cows are able to walk in the open back home. Here they seem to often just live chained up in huts. There are exceptions of course including the ones that drink beer etc. (Do they get drunk?)