Originally Posted By: RobBright
Originally Posted By: MitchPee
The agricultural industry here in America appalls me.

It's completely immoral and profit driven.

Capitalism that.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I wrote that haha.

I eat beef, but very rarely. I also make sure to try and purchase beef that has been farm raised on a range mechanism, not sitting there in a disease bred environment like most slaughterhouses here in the US.

and yes, Food Inc is a movie, a very good one at that.
Originally Posted By: KevKastle
Out of interest, Mitch, do you eat beef?

Atleast cows are able to walk in the open back home. Here they seem to often just live chained up in huts. There are exceptions of course including the ones that drink beer etc. (Do they get drunk?)

Hahaha like I need anymore beer in my system other than what I already drink
shifty

Nothing I have ever seen on TV or read could ever put me off food I like, be it fast or fine food.

For me the absolute very last thing I would ever consider when eating food is whether it's good for me. Couldn't care less if it takes years off my life. If I like it I eat it. Probably die young but I'll die contented and well fed thumbsup

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Nothing I have ever seen on TV or read could ever put me off food I like, be it fast or fine food.
For me the absolute very last thing I would ever consider when eating food is whether it's good for me. Couldn't care less if it takes years off my life. If I like it I eat it. Probably die young but I'll die contented and well fed thumbsup

OK...how about this one..

My grandpa died at 50 from heart disease. My dad had a heart attack at 24..had another one right in front of me when I was a teen. I won't go into details but it really freaked me out.....triple bypass at 36 , stents in recent years and the meds...oh, the meds!

That ain't no TV show.

Someone pass me a carrot stick.
Originally Posted By: RobBright
God I hate that movie. Put me off fast food, well that and fast food nation, for life.

I showed my kids that 2 years ago. They haven't asked to go to Maccas since. lol
Originally Posted By: Chriselle
Originally Posted By: Go Native

OK...how about this one..

My grandpa died at 50 from heart disease. My dad had a heart attack at 24..had another one right in front of me when I was a teen. I won't go into details but it really freaked me out.....triple bypass at 36 , stents in recent years and the meds...oh, the meds!

That ain't no TV show.

Someone pass me a carrot stick.

My Dad died a slow and painful death from cancer and so did my uncle who was like a second father to me after my dad passed on. My dad hadn't led all that healthy a life having smoked for 30 years and having a diet similar to mine. My uncle on the other hand had always been extremely health conscious, eating well, exercising, never smoked and still didn't make it to 60.
Both though had been very much into their careers, worked very long hours and had quite a lot of stress.
I gave up on career and stressful jobs when I moved to Japan. I don't exercise for the sake of fitness but do ski a lot and hike a lot in summer. I have an almost completely stress free lifestyle caring about little including my diet. I just do whatever makes me happy. As far as I'm concerned happiness above all else is the real secret to longevity. Well we'll see biggrin