For those living in ski towns - what are the conditions like now?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the weather down here seems like February rather than April. (while February was more like April, a little ironically) So what's going on? Surely there's a good dump in the mountains by now!

Freezing cold here in Yamanashi, with cold rain and it is forecast to turn to snow, with heavy snow likely tonight!

It really is like February today not like mid April, been cold for the last few days here.

If it does in fact turn to snow I will report back here. All the top half of the mountains around here got a coating of snow last night, so will be getting more tonight!

Looks like Gran Deco got a sprinkling of snow today too. Weather prediction is claiming some more light snow tomorrow. Really?? Will find out, as have locked down plans for a last weekend out there. (Hope it doesn't turn out to be rain!)

Just spent the afternoon skiing up on Chisenupuri and it was very nice. Quite a bit of snow has obviously fallen over the last week up high as all the snow was freshly white, rather than dust covered and dirty and there was more cover up at the peak than when I went up a couple of weeks ago. Snow still covers the landscape all the way to the base of the mountains. I'd say just about everything above 150m is still covered in snow. Spring skiing is going to last a long time this year clap

Another great day here in Hakuba. Bluebird with nice thick slush. The park at 47 is still going off. The most cars I have ever seen in the carpark but probably because it is still top to bottom and you have to down load at Goryu. Lots of people having picnics next to their cars. The park was busy but other than that there were no lines on the lifts.

TJ%20OZ_42.jpg

TJ%20OZ_41.jpg