For those living in ski towns - what are the conditions like now?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes well after that terribly fun, groan-inducing and painfully predictable exchange, yawn , here in the Yuzawa it has dried up and the trace of the sprinkling gone. Kagura said it got 5cm so I would guess the best is up there.

you been up to Kagura recently Muika? still got a large base....coverage is still good eh? I'm gonna need to get back out ASAP, hurt my knee a couple of weeks ago and haven't been able to do any sports

No, I haven't actually been skiing since Zao actually.

Friend of mine went last week, before this 5cm, said it was "ok for spring" (quote).

It's still complete cover everywhere though I reckon.

Hope it's not serious and recovering TB. You better get out there for what's there.

Bavaria, temp went up to 10 C today and expected to stay warm till the weekend. Recently when it snows, it has only lasted for a day, or turned wet. It has been like that around my house but on the foot of the mountains perhaps lasted a extra day longer. Yesterday was like back to winter on the mountain, cold from the wind but I'd preferred colder for the sake of snow quality. I hope we have another cold spell in the end of the month and snow. Please !

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Hope it's not serious and recovering TB. You better get out there for what's there.
Bavaria, temp went up to 10 C today and expected to stay warm till the weekend. Recently when it snows, it has only lasted for a day, or turned wet. It has been like that around my house but on the foot of the mountains perhaps lasted a extra day longer. Yesterday was like back to winter on the mountain, cold from the wind but I'd preferred colder for the sake of snow quality. I hope we have another cold spell in the end of the month and snow. Please !

its minor Jynxx, just niggly. I thought it would've cleared up in a week but its been 3 and only now is it starting to feel "right" again.
Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Where's that, rider69 ?
looks wind packed with surface drifting snow

happo on march 17th.

nice rider 69, u must have gotten an invitation to ski in some j-film then.

I had a good morning at Happo today. Got to the top for some fresh tracks but the 20cm that fell last night was sitting on a frozen base so dropped down to the lower trees and found the conditions were very favourable. The base was soft and the new snow although a bit heavy made for some great runs through the trees with no other crew around. The groomers were fast and sweet with the new snow on top. Getting warm now.

Went to Cortina. Much the same as TJ, 20cm of fresh.

20cm of fresh on a hard base = not so much fun.

20cm of fresh on a soft sludgy base = great!

Could really let it rip in the trees without worrying about hitting a hard base. Surprisingly good.

Gonna be 15 degrees (!:0)in the valley tomorrow but hopefully Sunday will bring us a stealth dump at the top end of the valley.

Here are some pics from today. Can you spot Junko in the pic?

Matt_6.JPG

Matt_7.JPG