• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit of fresh snow over night and its currently coming down at the moment. I say from the truck parked out side we may have got 10-15cm, to see what the official report says later this morning.

ratherb@thesnow_1.JPG

Reaper is enroute.

Arriving tomorrow night after a hideous 24 hours of travel.

I forgot to pack the walkie talkies for them, but other than that I think they are all set.

Jealous a little I am.

Been snowing constantly since mid afternoon yesterday but only light. I think there may have been 15-20 in total. Should be enough to cover in yesterdays tracks. The wind didn't seem to get as was forcasted.

My first post on the SJ forums.

Will be heading to Niseko at the end of Feb for my second visit after I was there back in 08, bringing along 3 Japan newbies who are eager to get their first taste of real Pow. Picked up my new Giro G10 helmet today so the gear list is finally up to scratch wink

thurs, you're a spoilsport!

Why not let the guy have a BIT of fun?

snowhuntress, You not joining him/travelling with him?

Reaper and his mates have arrived in Niseko. I am sure it will be straight to bed tonight after the 24 hrs of travel....but keep an eye out on the slopes for the bright yellow Death Label Coffin board.

And if he is being bad POST PIC's!! lol

Hey Snowhuntress! Mr Snowhunter should team up with our mate the Kiwi "Team Yellow" - he will be arriving about the same time you are - and sports safety yellow ski pants. They would make a right pair!!

Looks like your Reaper Boy will be waking up to 10-20cm of freshie,going by my snow gauge on the lodge steps, and its still coming down nicely at the moment. Looks to be nice dry flakes as far as I can tell from looking out the window. I'm sure he is about to another great day here in wonderland.

One week to go until my second Niseko visit of the season. To Niseko Village, a.k.a. Higashiyama.

Let's hope the current cold temps and snowfall will still be going strong when we get there.

This morning the upper webcam on Hirafu seems to be malfunctioning:

cam2_b.jpg

Too cold, perhaps?

SdS

Originally Posted By: ratherb@thesnow
Looks like your Reaper Boy will be waking up to 10-20cm of freshie,going by my snow gauge on the lodge steps, and its still coming down nicely at the moment. Looks to be nice dry flakes as far as I can tell from looking out the window. I'm sure he is about to another great day here in wonderland.

Glad to hear that!! smile
Have fun there guys.

When in Tokyo end of December we bought new gear and transceivers.

We then decided on call signs - of course I was Mamabear!

Papabear was Q1.

Eldest became Reaper because he was riding the Death Label Coffin board - and yeah...he can be a bit dark.

2nd son got "Little Sister" coz the brothers tease him about being a bit metro-sexual (just coz a boy smells nice!)

3rd son is massive for his age - taller than the older two - so he got BFG (Big Friendly Giant).

4th son started off as Baby Bear, but very quickly it evolved to Powder Baby - need I explain why..

There ya go smile

Yeah... they did.

He is only 12 and almost 6ft. And he is such a sweet hearted kid. Bizarrely my boys are each others best friends, they only had one evening where they had a fight in an entire month of being in close quarters. Don't worry they are all happy to use the F*** word liberally and at each other. But never in place of 'friendly' in that name.

Took the opportunity to head over to Mowia today for my first visit. The snow was the best we have had here this trip, thigh deep on the basic groomers it was just fantatastic.

There was some much snow and so little amount of people over there that there was no need to even leave the groomers as we could keep finding untracked runs every way.

I think there was about no more than 50 people there for the whole day. The wind did get up a bit and the quad lift was shut down for a couple of hours over lunch time which made for more fresh runs in the afternoon when it did re-open.

The other plus was that many accommodation places are handing out free lift passes for Mowia so add that to the free shuttle and we got to board for free for the day.