• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MB, how good was it in Ee No Sawa (gate 7)? that is one of my favourite areas and I really hanging out to get back in there (three weeks to day), Has the new area under the gondola (forgotten the name)open yet this season?

I didn't do it Ratherb@thesnow - baby bear decided to ride the groomer and off the side of the groomer, so I followed him down - I was also seriously hung over so prolly a good move.

The boys reckon it was awesome, even for a crusty no fresh snow day - they found light stuff in there. And the video was pretty nice of all the kids and Dad's criss crossing thru the tree's. Can't upload til we get home though - Papa forgot the lead.

8th of Jan 2010

Top of the Ace Quad, Hirafu.

Youtei was hiding away shyly on what was a BEAUTIFUL day, albeit without fresh snow.

Mamabear_33.JPG

Didn't take us long to head over to Hanazono. Was really nice on the groomers and somewhat off the sides, but Strawberries was like a bit of an ice-fest. The yellow flash kicking up some snow in the pic is our crazy Kiwi.

Mamabear_34.JPG

The kids needed some time out after tackling the icey strawberry fields - and one now needs a new board after hitting a pole and de-laminating and splitting the base. Was a fun edge catching ride home! So the Hanazono Sledding was the answer. (Also gave Mama and Papa a chance to ride together UNENCUMBERED!

Mamabear_35.JPG

Indeed they will Black Mountain, I stopped after a full day out at about 5pm...and it was awesome. The tree's either side of Kokutei were offering up some fluffy freshies and skiers left of Furiko was bringing it also.

Had a brilliant day! And it only got better as the day went on. Amazing how fast conditions change though - 2nd last run was near white out...really a big effort to see even 2 ft in front of you, but last run was like heaven!

The changes at Hanazono are really good. The two magic carpets, the amusement stuff for the kids - they've done a good job over there. I reckon Thursday Junior would have a ball on the big tubes wink

Well...it's been snowing again in Niseko thumbsup

10th of January, 2010.

Quite busy today - apparently it was NUTS over at Annupuri this morning (part of our crew headed over there for first tracks)

However Miharashi was fabulous this morning - few others giving it a crack - but not many. Photo's are less than stellar, but you get the idea.

Heading up to give Miharashi a crack.

Mamabear_36.JPG

Our eldest bearcub, Reaper, having in his words "the best ******* time of my life"

Mamabear_37.JPG

BFG, our 12 yr old, loving it sick.

Mamabear_38.JPG

Hello Miharashi!

Me (totally covered in snow - ya gotta know I ate it big time!) and Reaper in front.

Mamabear_39.JPG

Almost done... we went back for a 2nd run - pretty chopped up the 2nd time around, but lots of fun none the less.

Mamabear_40.JPG

After that it was back to the Ace, and a few lovely turns through the tree's.

clap Pretty happy to have conquered Miharashi for the first time.

biggrin Papa is pretty stoked to today be the brand new owner of a Gentemstick (The Impossible).

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
The tree's either side of Kokutei were offering up some fluffy freshies and skiers left of Furiko was bringing it also.

Had a brilliant day!

We the members (member) of M.A.S.S bow down before you worship
Originally Posted By: Tex
The tree's either side of Kokutei were offering up some fluffy freshies and skiers left of Furiko was bringing it also.

Had a brilliant day!

there's nothing secret about those.
Well...it's been snowing again in Niseko thumbsup
10th of January, 2010.
Quite busy today - apparently it was NUTS over at Annupuri this morning (part of our crew headed over there for first tracks)

However Miharashi was fabulous this morning - few others giving it a crack - but not many. Photo's are less than stellar, but you get the idea.
Heading up to give Miharashi a crack.
Mamabear_36.JPG

how come you guys can lean backwards that far and not fall over? lol

We are just clever. lol

Nah... that was Papa trying to balance board and camera in the powder, and click the point and shoot with one hand! We got a lovely pic of him (the mirror image of this shot) - but it is on the iPhone...will upload that one when I can get it off the phone. It is a MUCH nicer pic than any of the above.

Originally Posted By: thursday
Originally Posted By: Tex

Had a brilliant day!

there's nothing secret about those.

Damn, the search for the holy grail continues...

I take that back MB you are not worthy, rather, worthless to the magnificent order of the M.A.S.S...

Well so far anyway, care to to be recruited as a M.A.S.S undercover operative, we need good people to covertly follow Go Native around. coolmirrors
I think he is still nursing his dislocated shoulder!
Tex - you don't need Secret Stashes....there is enough for everyone.
Half the fun is in finding them.
wink

HERETIC!!

BURN THE WITCH!! lol

wink wink cheers

You have obviously been corrupted by the dark side, alternatively you have no secrets to reveal doh