• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just seen that one. Gets annoying after about 1 minute!

I want this! I want this!  

Fashionably over a barrel at least.....  

Well it looks like you'll be able to use docomo with the ipad.

Stoopid question but are these SIM cards different from the card in my phone? Would I basically need a new different card/contract for this? I presume that answer to that will be a big fat yes!

「iPadã¯SIMロックフリーã¨èžã„ã¦ã„る。iPadã§ãƒ‰ã‚³ãƒ¢å›žç·šã‚’使ã„ãŸã„人ãŒã„ã‚Œã°æä¾›ã—ãŸã„ã€â€•â€•NTTドコモã®å±±ç”°éš†æŒç¤¾é•·ã¯4月28æ—¥ã®æ±ºç®—発表会ã§ã€iPadå‘ã‘ã®SIMカード発売ã«å‘ã‘ã¦æº–備を進ã‚ã¦ã„ã‚‹ã¨è©±ã—ãŸã€‚

山田社長ã¯iPadを「高級Netbookã€ã¨ä½ç½®ã¥ã‘ã€PC用データ回線ã®ã‚¤ãƒ¡ãƒ¼ã‚¸ã§å›žç·šæä¾›ã™ã‚‹è€ƒãˆã§ã€iPad用ã®å°åž‹SIMカードã®ç™ºå£²æº–備を進ã‚ã¦ã„ã‚‹ã¨ã„ã†ã€‚iPad以外ã®ã‚¿ãƒ–レットPCã‚„é›»å­æ›¸ç±ç«¯æœ«ã«ã‚‚ã€ç©æ¥µçš„ã«å¯¾å¿œã—ãŸã„ã¨ã„ã†ã€‚

iPadã¯å›½å†…ã§ã¯5月末ã«ç™ºå£²äºˆå®šã€‚

I'll more than likely get one, to read books and use the internet and, er, well, other stuff. Use some cash too. Can you think of an excuse to justify it to the woman. Only needs to be a flimsy one. wink

And in other news

"Regulators are considering an inquiry into whether Apple violates antitrust law by requiring that its programing tools be used to write applications for the iPad and iPhone, a source familiar with the matter said yesterday.

The news comes amidst a high-profile dustup between Apple and Adobe, which makes the widely used Flash software to provide video and build games.

Although Flash is nearly ubiquitous on the Internet, Apple calls it a balky battery hog and Apple Chief Executive Steve Jobs will not allow Flash on the iPhone or iPad, or as a tool to build apps on those devices.

Apple has sold more than 50 million iPhones since its debut in 2007, and 1 million iPads since its April 3 debut. The devices' popularity means extra scrutiny about every Apple move related to the smartphone platform.

Both the Federal Trade Commission and the Justice Department enforce US antitrust law, and no decision has been made on which may take the probe on Apple, said the source, who spoke privately for business reasons.

The New York Post first reported regulators' interest in Apple's policy. The paper reported that the two agencies were locked in negotiations over which would handle the inquiry, and a decision was expected shortly.

"What they're (Apple) doing is clearly anticompetitive ... They want one superhighway and they're the tollkeeper on that superhighway," said David Balto, a former FTC policy director.

Apple, Adobe and the Justice Department declined to comment. The FTC did not respond to a request for a comment."

Quote:
iPad Available in Nine More Countries on May 28

Pre-Orders Begin May 10

CUPERTINO, Calif., May 7 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ — Apple® today announced that iPad™ will be available in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the UK on Friday, May 28. Customers can pre-order all iPad models from Apple's online store in all nine countries beginning on Monday, May 10. In the US, Apple has already sold over one million iPads and customers have downloaded over 12 million apps from the App Store, as well as over 1.5 million ebooks from the new iBookstore.

iPad allows users to connect with their apps and content in a more intimate, intuitive and fun way than ever before. Users can browse the web, read and send email, enjoy and share photos, watch HD videos, listen to music, play games, read ebooks and much more, all using iPad's revolutionary Multi-Touchâ„¢ user interface. iPad is 0.5 inches thin and weighs just 1.5 pounds-thinner and lighter than any laptop or netbook-and delivers up to 10 hours of battery life.*

The App Store on iPad lets you wirelessly browse, buy and download new apps from the world's largest app store. iPad includes 12 new innovative apps designed especially for iPad and will run almost all of the more than 200,000 apps on the App Store, including apps already purchased for your iPhone® or iPod touch®. Developers have created more than 5,000 exciting new apps designed for iPad that take advantage of its Multi-Touch interface, large screen and high-quality graphics.

The iPad will cost.... oh never mind whatever it costs you'll buy it anyway! razz