• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just seen that one. Gets annoying after about 1 minute!

I want this! I want this!  

Fashionably over a barrel at least.....  

Im a little confused, what is the benefit of this over travelling with a mini laptop with all the bells and whistles and a phone with web access? I still need to carry the phone and by the looks of it the iPad cant do anything my laptop cant and a whole lot less in many respects.

She belongs in any thread!

OK well I felt obliged to report and so I have ordered the Wifi ipad. I couldn't resist the tempation for a new toy any longer. It should be with me around 8th June apparently. Then I will get that NTT thingy in early July.

I will then report.

In the meantime you can all send me some spare cash.

Here's my question.

Are all apps available from anywhere or is there any kind of "region locking" going on?

And are ibooks or whatever the book store is called available anywhere?

I bet the annoying answer to the 2nd question at least is "no".

Do you not get any store in Hong kong, thursday? Not even a local version?

And....if, say, you went to the US or the UK or Japan, would you be able to access their "stores" while you are there?

Good quote:

As one techie friend put it, “post-iPad†we’re going to look back at the experience of mice and keyboards and those atrocious little laptop nipples, and using them will feel like gardening with chopsticks while wearing mittens.

Originally Posted By: Curt
... those atrocious little laptop nipples ...

They have always given me the irrits!, as do the "touch pads" - What's wrong with a decent small mouse on a real laptop computer? Works for me!

I think it's one of those things that you really need to experience yourself first-hand. I was in the US recently and a friend had one so had a play around. It is a sexy bit of kit. The touchscreen really is fantastic and does make a mouse and a big keyboard very, whats the word, old-fashioned and clumsy.

There are limitations and I'm not saying the thing is perfect, but on lots of fronts it's pretty sweet.

People started queueing last night

<iPï½ï½„>早ãも行列 銀座1人ã€è¡¨å‚é“3人 26日夕ã«