• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just seen that one. Gets annoying after about 1 minute!

I want this! I want this!  

Fashionably over a barrel at least.....  

on a different note,

our pet rats have nibbled on the Macbook power adapter cable and had to get a new one. 89 Euros (AUD130 US120) veryshocked

Can get an external superdrive for that! doh

I don't like their marketing

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
on a different note,
our pet rats have nibbled on the Macbook power adapter cable and had to get a new one. 89 Euros (AUD130 US120) veryshocked
Can get an external superdrive for that! doh

I don't like their marketing

I find it quite amusing how apple seems to continually totally rip off it's loyal customers like this, and they just keep going back for more. Laughing or what.

Got to admire how brilliantly they have got into that position.

no more news on Adobe trying to sue Apple?

Here's a view I agree with, sort of.

Quote:
A rumor suggests that Adobe could sue Apple, so we take an in-depth look at the Adobe vs. Apple matter.

ITworld reports that Adobe might be considering a lawsuit against Apple, due to last week's changes in Apple's iPhone SDK license. Adobe's official response to the matter is still the same as last week though:

We are aware of the new SDK language and are looking into it. We continue to develop our Packager for iPhone OS technology, which we plan to debut in Flash CS5.

From Apple's perspective, it could basically be a matter of not wanting to spend resources on debugging iPhone apps that aren't created specifically for iPhone OS. According to Apple, the company is already spending significant resources on debugging apps that are, and many developers get their apps in return with guidelines of how to improve their code.

With Adobe's upcoming Flash-to-iPhone compiler, Apple's App Store team will have to deal with applications from developers that can't make any suggested optimizations of the applications they submit. The whole idea with Adobe's compiler is basically to let developers that have no clue about iPhone OS to get a piece of the pie anyway, without any extra effort.

From Adobe's perspective, it's a slightly more complicated matter though. The company creates tools that aid developers in creating solutions on multiple platforms. These solutions are based on Adobe cross-platform technology, which competes with the platform makers own technology. In an effort to get platform makers on their side, the Open Screen Project was initiated, which ultimately lead to for instance Flash 10.1.

Google recently joined the Open Screen Project after a lot of work was already done, primarily because the company says it'll take time before Adobe technology can be fully replaced by other standards. Perhaps just as important though, the Android success is based on the Open Handset Alliance, which has many of the same members as the Open Screen Project.

While Google, as part of the Open Handset Alliance, sees that it would be beneficial to support Adobe technology in the years ahead, Apple does not though. Apple isn't alone though, as Microsoft has been ramping up its own Silverlight technology to match Adobe's new technology.

All that said, where's Nokia in all of this, given they're the leading smartphone maker for the time being? Actually, they're currently working with Adobe to create consumer apps based on Adobe technology. They're also working with Microsoft to create business apps based on Silverlight technology. And, they're currently ramping up a cross-platform app framework of their own, namely Qt.

At the end of the day, we're not sure what Adobe would get out of suing Apple. There's Adobe, Apple, Microsoft, Google and Nokia, all fighting to attract developers to a certain paradigm, while at the same time cooperating through some initiatives and agreements.

So, when Apple decides that native iPhone applications should be coded with the tools they approve of, that's the way it'll be. Developers using Adobe technology still have plenty of opportunities to succeed out there. Otherwise, there would have been no Flash-to-iPhone compiler in the making in the first place.

Found this

"According to Sankei News, two of Japan’s largest and competitively entangled carriers, DoCoMo and SoftBank, have expressed strong interest in forming contracts with Apple to sell the iPad. SoftBank currently has exclusive rights to Apple’s popular iPhone."