The FOOTBALL Thread (2009-2010)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Scotland players 'too thick' says former international Craig Burley
Some of Scotland's players were "too thick" to understand George Burley's coaching methods, according to the sacked manager's nephew, Craig.

doh lol

Who will beat them? Brazil, probably not. England, no way...Spain is too strong up front. France, maybe but I highly doubt it. They do have some speed up front but I think Spain's back is well prepared. Germany if they can get their act together has a chance. Italy is too old.

I just see the odds way in Spain's favor.

Spain's problem is that they are chokers. Perennial crowned as possible championship tournament upon tournament, and a reliance on Torres and Villa/Raul, when on form ace but when injured they struggle. Who could effectively replace them?

They have got a tremendous amount of pressure behind them, and also depends a lot on the form of Real Madrid, Barcelona and also Valencia.

If their seasons are too long, it could be detrimental to their Spanish nationals.

Originally Posted By: pie-eater
Quote:
Scotland players 'too thick' says former international Craig Burley
Some of Scotland's players were "too thick" to understand George Burley's coaching methods, according to the sacked manager's nephew, Craig.

doh lol

haha...well probably. Although I think if Mr burley stopped drinking the weekly special from Oddbins at half time, then the players would maybe have an idea of what he wanted!!!

Mind you a shit wrapped in an Armani suit is still a shit!!