The FOOTBALL Thread (2009-2010)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
I was under the impression you were American....apologies

I was born in the US, but I have lots of family in Ireland, have been there many times, and my grandparents were born there.
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Yeah, you're American then.

So does that discredit me from being able to like the team from which I have family orientations? It's not like I am just some bandwagon jumper. By that logic someone who's not from London should automatically be assumed to not be entitled to liking Arsenal simply because of their geographical placement? Didn't mean this to be confrontational but why the condescending post?
Originally Posted By: thursday
I think it may srem from your claims to be American/Canadian/Irish, etc.

Arse suck poo, you're welcome to them.

Claims? If you are referring to the post about where I sarcastically said I am Canadian because it's apparent that Americans are not looked at in the best light then you are surely mistaken.

Other than that, yes my heritage is completely Irish and I live in America.

Liverpool:

Reina, Carragher, Skrtel, Agger, Insua, Mascherano, Lucas, Kuyt, Gerrard, Babel, Ngog.

Subs: Cavalieri, Aquilani, Riera, Aurelio, Benayoun, Kyrgiakos, El Zhar.

Man City:

Given, Zabaleta, Toure, Lescott, Bridge, De Jong, Barry, Wright-Phillips, Ireland, Bellamy, Adebayor.

Subs: Taylor, Onuoha, Johnson, Santa Cruz, Tevez, Kompany, Weiss.

Ah, just crap

Quote:
Mark Hughes is toying with the notion of dropping Carlos Tevez from his Manchester City team to face Liverpool tomorrow even though the player left Manchester United in the summer because he was convinced he would get more games with their neighbours.

Hughes, who has been described as "wrestling with the idea," will not tell his players the team until a couple of hours before the kick-off, but the City manager has been concentrating training this week on an attack spearheaded by Emmanuel Adebayor, with Craig Bellamy coming in from the left and Shaun Wright-Phillips from the right.

Welcome to Manchester, Tevez wave

"should" means to give a recommendation, expectation, advice, or in he strongest case, obligation. Don't let me bring out the teacher Rob on a Saturday night. wink

In this case, I mean expectation.