The FOOTBALL Thread (2009-2010)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHO beat WHO?

Are they big teams?

Never heard of either of them before. Which league do they play in? Is it like my local Sunday afternoon pub league - all for fun then down the pub after?

Quote:
Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe scored five times to send his side back into the Champions League places as Harry Redknapp's men hammered Wigan 9-1 at White Hart Lane.

Paul Scharner appeared to handle when he grabbed Wigan's goal - at which point they momentarily trailed 3-1 - but there was no controversy as Defoe was rampant.

Aaron Lennon, Peter Crouch, a Chris Kirkland own goal and Niko Kranjcar accounted for Tottenham's other four goals.

The clash was played on a Sunday following an agreement between the clubs so players could rest after the international break - and Defoe seemed the freshest of the players on display by grabbing his goals in the second half.

Thought it was a bad dream when I first read that! veryshocked
It IS a bad dream!

Whats with Spurs then? Surely they will be able to conspire a "fail" run soon as they always do.

Were Wigan just bloody awful or Spurs amazing or a bit of both?

What a fantastic scoreline for your team to get, pity about the 1.

Quote:
Fernando Torres will not be fit enough to travel to Hungary for Liverpool’s Champions League match against Debrecen tomorrow.

Liverpool go into the game in the knowledge that only the combination of a victory in Budapest and Fiorentina dropping points at home to Lyons will keep alive their slim hopes of qualifying for the knockout stages.

Chances looking slim but I bet they scrape through the rascals.

There, I hope I have jinxed them now. wink