The FOOTBALL Thread (2009-2010)

An embarrassment basically. The dive and the record of the last month or so.

At least we dominated the game, but couldn't convert that.

A break for internationals, hopefully we can use that time to get some players back nearer fit.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: @tokyo
Isn't one of the arguments against it that it would "stop the clock" too much?

that's daft. As soon as it is used and the bastard gets booked for a deliberate dive, they'll stop doing it pronto.

Edge of box incidents, close calls for offside, diving in the box etc, close calls can be magically called up and divers booked and sent off. See how that goes.
Quote:
Manchester City's attempts to placate Robinho and keep the most expensive footballer in England happy have failed, with the Brazilian desperate to leave in the January transfer window. City are aware of his position and, despite strong denials on their mid-season training camp here in the United Arab Emirates, they have reluctantly accepted that the player whose £32.5m transfer was supposed to symbolise the club's ambitions wants no further part in the revolution.

Bye bye
Quote:
NANI gambled with his Manchester United future last night, as he lifted the lid on Sir Alex Ferguson's explosive Old Trafford man-management.
The Portugal star pulled no punches in a revealing interview that will leave boss Fergie seething.

Nani's astonishing tirade could spell the beginning of the end for a player who has failed to emerge from the shadow of Cristiano Ronaldo.

Top tip to Nani:
Stop being such a shite player, then you might get more time on the pitch.

He looks like a newborn baby without the blood and mucus. If it turns out he is half alien/animal, it would not surprise me at all.

Strange, but something about him makes me feel repugnant, and it seems i am not the only one. wonder what it is. I am reading a book called blink right now which is about exactly this subject of making snap judgements.

How many days until Nani gets his marching orders? I just hope Liverpool dont buy him - I see they are looking at all kinds of desperate characters like Carlton Cole (shudder).

Originally Posted By: bobby12
How many days until Nani gets his marching orders? I just hope Liverpool dont buy him - I see they are looking at all kinds of desperate characters like Carlton Cole (shudder).

I KNOW!!! I couldn't believe when I read that!! Does Rafa decide his transfer targets after smoking a giant bag of skunk??!!

If this one is true, I will laugh for 5 minutes non stop

Quote:
Carlos Tevez, the Argentina forward, has stunned Manchester City by saying he will consider retiring from football after the World Cup finals in South Africa next summer.

Tevez became the fifth most expensive footballer of all time when he joined City for £47 million in July, but despite being only 25, exhaustion, the desire to spend more time with his family and disappointment at losing his place in the Argentina national team have led him to consider hanging up his boots.

“It’s complicated, there’s my family, the desire to return to Boca Juniors, but I think about it [retirement],†Tevez said. “It crosses my mind to hang up my boots if we win the World Cup, although I have a contract [with City] until 2014.

lol lol

Quote:
Carlos Tevez has considered the prospect of retiring from football if Argentina win next summer's World Cup in South Africa, conceding he is 'saturated' by so much football.

So, not really an issue then is it.

"Lyon's Michel Bastos was pressed into emergency service at left-back for Brazil following an injury to Liverpool's Fabio Aurelio"

...erm, since when was aurelio fit? he has been out for ages and now he is back playing the national team in a friendly? whats that abuot? then 10mins in to the game he gets injured... its like a kind of sick joke.