The FOOTBALL Thread (2009-2010)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
BENITEZ: I DON'T HAVE TO WIN A TROPHY

LIVERPOOL boss Rafa Benitez has stoked up the mounting pressure on himself by incredibly insisting: "I don't have to win a trophy."

The Reds' title dreams have been hit by FIVE League defeats already this season; they crashed out of the Carling Cup at Arsenal in midweek and their Champions League dreams will be in tatters if they lose Wednesday's crucial Group E clash in Lyon.

BENITEZ: I DON'T HAVE TO WIN A TROPHY

Good job, hey, Rafa! lol

It seems to go from bad to worse for Liverpool

Quote:
Fernando Torres has a hernia that could require surgery if he is overplayed, Rafael Benítez has been warned.

Liverpool’s medical staff delivered the worrying prognosis during the build-up to the club’s crucial Champions League match against Lyons tomorrow night.

Steven Gerrard is definitely out of the group E tie at the Stade Gerland because of a groin problem. The Liverpool captain is joined on Benítez’s lengthy casualty list by Fábio Aurélio, Albert Riera, Martin Skrtel and Martin Kelly.

Torres has been included in the squad that travels to France today and is likely to start tomorrow’s game and play through the pain.

The inguinal hernia has been affecting the striker for most of the past month since the problem developed while on international duty with Spain in early October.

Liverpool have attempted to mask the severity of Torres’s condition by nursing him through matches and allowing him to train only immediately before games, when his physical condition is deemed good enough. Since the 25-year-old suffered his latest setback, though, there have been real fears that he could need an operation.

Interestingly it seems quite a few ManYoo fans would prefer Liverpool to do just good enough to keep Rafa on. Presumably in fear that they might get someone in better than Rafa. Those be the fachts.

I almost can't bear to watch it.

It's hard to know exactly where we are with those injuries but it doesn't sound good.

Quote:
The Times claims the Liverpool medical staff have told Benitez that the Spanish striker needs to be treated with kid gloves or he will need an operation that will rule him out for two months.

sadface