The FOOTBALL Thread (2008-2009)

Agonising when that goal went in.

And hear the commentator bleeting on like the league was decided last night.

And then turned the channel to see the winning goal for Chelsea go in too.

grandpa

So we just have to win tomorrow.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, twas grim.

I wont curse us by talking about the Everton game.

The last month or so have been grim, so many 0-0s, hitting the post etc. That MUST STOP!!!

I don't think Kaka will go. All this talk is enough to boost his image and ego, carrying it through is not going to add anything more for him (apart from more $$$). I reckon he will be a cock-tease and back out at the last minute.

Kaka's proposed move to Manchester City is off, Milan president Silvio Berlusconi announced this evening, with the Brazilian having indicated "that he prefers Milan".

Berlusconi said he had been told by the Serie A club's vice-president Adriano Galliani that Kaka had decided to stay put, despite City's world record £91m bid for the former World Player of the Year.

Manchester City confirmed that they had pulled out of negotiations as there was little chance of a deal being done. Executive chairman Garry Cook told the club's website: "Whilst Manchester City Football Club has an obvious interest in world-class players of the quality of Kaka, we owe it to our fans that such a transfer must work on every level; commercially, financially, in terms of results on the field and within Manchester City's broader community."

Like I said it was all a cock-tease. Kake comes out the winner, raised his profile and no doubt gets a little financial boost from Milan for staying.

The Liverpool game was agony. We were lucky not to lose. Good old zonal marking eh? Cahill was just standing there alone for about 5 secs before he headed it in. Keane touched the ball maybe 4 times in the game?

1-1 was good. friend

Quote:
Kaka's 100m transfer to Manchester City collapsed and star striker Robinho walked out of the training camp in Spain as the club were facing a crisis last night.

City. Massive! lol

Quote:
Though Manchester City declared that they had pulled out of negotiations as there was little chance of a deal being done, Milan presented the decision as the player's, indicating that he simply had not wanted to join City.

lol

Good on you Kaka-san.
Originally Posted By: 2pints,mate
I can't believe Kaka turned down the once in a lifetime opportunity of linking up with great Craig Bellamy and his golf clubs.

FYP

FYP=Fixed Your Post

Its what you write when you quote someone but embellish it, shall we say. Pretty common on UK forums at least.

Bellamy's price doubled after seven goals in twenty-four games for W Ham. And getting two years older. Good little comment in that article about the Toon too. Grim times.