The FOOTBALL Thread (2008-2009)

Quote:
Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard was arrested today after a brawl at a night-spot.

The England midfielder remains in custody after officers were called to an incident in Bold Street, Southport, at about 2.30am.

Merseyside Police said the 28-year-old and five other men were arrested on suspicion of assault.

A police spokesman said: "Merseyside Police is investigating an assault that took place in the early hours of Monday December 29 on Bold Street in Southport.

Know the place.
Southport - not just for old people and birds (the flying kind!)
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the best I've seen 'Pool positioned for a loooong time.

Unfortunately, Man U have 3 games in hand and assuming they win those, are only one point behind 'Pool.

Looking forward to the rest of the season with everyting crossed

Quote:
One report suggested Gerrard and a group of his friends were involved in some sort of altercation after the man refused to allow the midfielder to play his favourite songs on the sound system.

Gerrard is a big fan of Phil Collins and counts the singer's greatest hits as his favourite album. He is also partial to Coldplay.

Phil Collins!? He was probably being bullied!
Quote:
STEVIE Gerrard has prayed for an end to gun crime in 2009.

The Liverpool FC captain wrote his own thoughts as part of the Anglican cathedral’s Prayer For Liverpool project.

The Huyton-born father-of-two said: “My hope for Liverpool for 2009 would be an end to gun and knife crime, making the city a place our kids can grow up to be proud of.â€

The 28-year-old was the latest person to add his hopes and dreams for Liverpool to the initiative, which was planned as a legacy to Capital of Culture year.

His prayer was echoed by that of a man named only as Phil, of Tuebrook, who wrote: “That we get rid of our guns and knives and discover the power of forgiving.â€

An exhibition was due to open at the cathedral today showing some of the prayers already written, and giving other people the chance to write their own hopes and aspirations for Liverpool after 2008.

The 10-day exhibition also features contributions from organisations such as Merseyside police, Generation 21 and Peel Holdings Ltd, and the Orrery mechanical sculpture, which symbolises Liverpool as the Centre of the Creative Universe.

This was 24 hours before he was arrested.

surely he was getting wound up, however he should know better and avoid low class places. we will find out on jan 23. i presume he will be able to play until then, though i think there are not many games.

I agree.

Actually the place is slightly better than a low class place. Quite posh. For Southport. wink And round the corner from the best chippy restaurant in the north (and therefore probably the world!)

I am disappointed that Gerrard allowed himself to give the media an opportunity to pounce like this though.

Given that he's actually been charged with ABH, I think the press have been sticking up for Gerrard rather than pouncing. Compare it with the treatment of Jonny Evans, for example.

It sounds like some bloke got bottled or glassed after refusing to play Phil Collins. Its almost laughable.

i agree that the press have been kind to him so far. but then again it is xmas/new year break.

the phil collins thing is surely made up, quite funny though.

Some FA Cup games on

â– 3回戦-1 ãƒãƒ«ã‚·ãƒ†ã‚£ vs. ニューカッスル:1/3(土)23:54~<生中継>(J sports 2)他

â– 3回戦-2 プレストン vs. リãƒãƒ—ール :1/3(土)26:19~<生中継>(J sports Plus)他

■3回戦-3 ジリンガム vs. アストンビラ:1/4(日)22:24~<生中継>(J sports 2)他

â– 3回戦-4 サウサンプトン vs. マンãƒã‚§ã‚¹ã‚¿ãƒ¼U:1/4(日)24:54~<生中継>(J sports Plus)他

was it good game? i was gonna watch the re-run at 5pm.

I just couldn't stay up any longer last night to watch it. Watched the Celtic v Dundee United game online and by the end I was watching it through alternating eyes!! smile