The FOOTBALL Thread (2008-2009)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
I hate it when teams park that bus in front of goal.

It is very annoying, especially when it's your team they are parking in front of! You can understand the tactics, just makes for an awfully frustrating game.
Originally Posted By: rach
United have Spurs away this weekend. Big game then they're coming to Japan. I hate the 5:30pm UK start games, we seem to have a lot.

Yeah last year Utd had many 12.00 Kick offs but this year many later ones. I wonder which the players like?

Well Spurs have changed a lot of in the last few weeks playing much better. Fergie has also said this is a really big game for United with them missing another game to come to Japan. It would be boss if we could extend our lead when that happens.

Yes that was a very exciting first half. Liverpool looked well in control towards the end there though.

I got tired and recorded the 2nd half and the United game. Once my coffee is ready I'm going to sit down and watch that lot.

glad I didn't stay up to watch the Man U game.

I don't understand why Liverpool continue to play 1 up front, especially at home. Kuyt was kak, and although Keane isn't scoring, his running pulls defenders all over the shop. I don't think Benayoun is cut out for Liverpool either. Liverpool have too many passengers

Thought we were going to overpower them in the 2nd half. :(

Good to see Arsenal lose and United draw though. All we need now is for Chelsea to have a similar hard game.

In other news

Quote:
Neurologists who looked into the brains of football fans while they watched a match found that seeing their team score triggered immediate activity in a particular area of the brain known to be associated with intense pleasure and sexual arousal.

When a goal was missed, or during open play, different areas of the brain were activated. The researchers believe they are the first to have observed the brains of spectators during a game.

"Our main aim was to exploit the passion that some people have for sport and capture the acute and intensely pleasurable feeling experienced by supporters when a goal is scored," said clinical scientist John McLean of the Institute of Neurological Sciences, Southern General Hospital, Glasgow, who led the study.

"Our results show that the part of the brain associated with intense pleasure, and which has been associated with arousal, is most active at the time a goal is scored, compared to other times. Whether it is as powerful a stimulus as sex, I don't know; perhaps for some people. It might be difficult, however, to do a study with people having sex in a scanner."

another draw at anfield. that 'champions luck' has deserted us, apart from our rivals also slipping up a lot lately. surely chelsea cant fail to win tonight though.

benayoun is ok, he often gets goals and is involved, somehow he doesnt have the pezzaz of babel or riera though. i would have liked to see keane and babel on earlier. not sure about these two youngsters (ngog and el zhar?). babel is pretty awesome but he is a greedy SOB, keane was p--ed off with him in the game against PSV cos he kept shooting instead of passing.