The FOOTBALL Thread (2008-2009)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manchester City, already deeply traumatised by the breakdown of Kaka's potential world-record transfer, are anxiously waiting to discover if Robinho wants to remain their player after his walkout from the mid-season training camp in Tenerife.

Robinho reacted to the collapse of Kaka's proposed £91m deal by packing his suitcase and arranging for a private jet to take him back to Brazil. He left without informing the manager Mark Hughes and has told his team-mates that he is seriously considering his future because of a combination of the club's inability to bring in Kaka and the team's poor results.

While his own form has justified the £32.5m that City paid Real Madrid for him on transfer deadline day, Robinho has already questioned the club's "lack of winning mentality". His impression of Hughes is said to have suffered and, having joined City ahead of Chelsea on transfer deadline day, he has been made aware that Luiz Felipe Scolari would still like to sign him, although the financial restraints currently in place at Stamford Bridge make a deal this month highly unlikely.

FA CUP FIFTH ROUND DRAW:

Sheffield United v Hull

Watford v Chelsea

West Ham v Middlesbrough

Sunderland or Blackburn v Coventry

Derby or Nottingham Forest v Manchester United

Swansea v Fulham

Liverpool or Everton v Doncaster or Aston Villa

Cardiff or Arsenal v West Brom or Burnley

I was thinking all the way through 'worst result will be a draw'. I'd rather have lost to be honest, we need to focus on the premiership.

We have looked very impotent the last 3 or 4 weeks. I really think we would be awesome if we still had Crouch and played him up with Torres, and get Riera and Babel on the wings in a 4-4-2.