Hanazono: Sold! To the Chinese fellow at the back

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: thursday

;\) Mama, you can hike up, then hike down again if you like.

Something tells me you think I stink on a board, Thurs! lol.gif
If I am HIKING up - I AINT hiking down!
Maybe 2009...

Mama as you can see in the shot they actually groom the ridge to make it an easier climb and you can ski down the way you come up which is pretty easy.

The bright area near the horizon is The Pacific Ocean and from the top you also get a good look down onto the Sea of Japan.

And that guy is probably hunched over from the wind, it's usually blowing a gale up there.

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
they groom the ridge now? Gimme a break. How much more pathetic can it be? How about an escalator for all the wankers that dont wanna hike the 20 mins to the peak? stooooooopid

damn good idea CB

Have some of that:
thursday_4.jpg
  • SnowJapan Moderator

Actually - most of the degradation is more likely to be from the previous uploading system that we had, where a stamp was added and the quality of the images degraded when uploaded. If you compare any images uploaded in the old system you will see that very clearly.

On the new current system photos get uploaded "as is", quality wise.

It is easy to get a fairly large photo looking very good for the web at less than 500KB.

C'mon CB - we are not all young gym junkies!

And if we (the more mature among us) wanna tackle it - good luck to us. At least we are getting out there and giving life a good shake.

His Injuredness and I have a motto when we are on snow...and that is "We can rest on the lift"....there is no resting on the way down! So yeah - bring on the escalator!

LOL!

I am fairly new to Niseko but heard how much it has changed over the last 5-10 years. A dude showed me a photo of Niseko like 30 years ago. Very interesting. I'll have to try and scan it and throw it up here.

There's a curry place down in Kutchan where the owner has a whole lot of pictures of Hirafu from about 30 years ago when Alpen Hotel was just built. Certainly changed a bit since then...

Fattwins, i'm curious what the on piste degrees are of the Hakuba valley, like you posted for the Niseko area? I used to ski the Hakuba valley quite a bit and there is nothing in bounds, on piste that seemed very difficult to me. I know it is different between 47 and Happo and there are heaps of nice lines along the whole valley that are perfect for hiking to, but if you could let the masses know just how steep the resorts are in Hakuba there might be more of an understanding of where you are coming from.

Generally speaking, and I say that as I've skied a lot and haven't skied a whole lot more, there aren't many resorts in the world where the average gradient of slope would be above 20 when you take in beginner pistes.

Originally Posted By: JaySee
I'm talking about the series from BK Entertainment;

"For Those Of You Sittin' On Yer Couch Smokin' Ciggies" - a cult classic.
"Good Times In A Bottle" - a box office blow out!
and...
"There's No 'I' In Booz" - coming soooon!

With the Coach's permission, I'll give you the youtube link for "Just A Sip", the preview to this year's release...

Man, I really gotta get some work done...

Was there one called "The Life"??
Cause I saw that one!
 Originally Posted By: Fattwins
Im not telling you to shut up but if you want to have go I can have a go.

I bet i can find more people that refer to Niseko as flat than you can find them saying it isnt.

FFS ... I am well and truly over the "mines bigger than yours" stuff! For many of us "average punters" the fact is that a day on snow (ANY day on ANY snow) is better than ANY day at the office! (Except, maybe for people like GN whose office is very much like a day on snow. grin.gif )

Puleeese, give us a break! Discuss stuff like flat versus vertical if you must, but don't tell us that we HAVE TO agree with you or we don't know what we are talking about. That's just plain arrogant and I cannot stand arogance, in ANYONE, not even the living god of back country skiing.

From what I've read here and in other fora (plural of forum) where he resides, FT was never a beginner, or even a fair to good intermediate, he was born a super chute rider, and has just got better and better. I don't envy him, pity is more appropriate.

5 posts and a another shot are you guys all friends? I mean seriously get over it!

I teach people how to ski all the time. I take people into BC runs that are easy and safe. Up until someone brought it up I hadn't posted a Niseko is flat post for and very very long time. I asked him to back off before we were going to go down a road that most people, nor I want to go down anymore. It was his choice to go down the flat debate,

not mine. Now you are going to start it up again?

Why are people so afraid of this? Or what I have had to say about the topic? Why do I have to be forced to ski something that I think is not fun? Why do I have to justify the fact that I help many people on these forums and give them the contacts to Niseko? You take one part of my internet personality and attack it! You know nothing of what i do otherwise. So lets see where post number six goes? Or maybe just maybe, you'll look at the other posts that I have bumped, forwarded or etc to help people out and thus help out Niseko.