• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GYOZA!

So like a home-made version then.   Sounds good to me.

I was avoiding ramen over summer, just too hot, but got back into it the last few weeks. Miso negi. Can't beat it.

Had some rather interesting food last night at a new little South African eatery. But the combination of the unusual nature of the tasty morsels and the rather large number of pink fruity cocktails I also enjoyed means I will have trouble recalling the exact nature of each morsel.

There was Kefta Lamb - spicy spicy spicy and the lamb mixture had been squeezed onto a cinnamon stick for the cooking and serving - very very yummy, but oh so spicy!

A collection of flat breads with assorted chutneys and olives - nice.

Scallops served on the half shell - but they had two other main ingredients in there that I was not sure what they were - possibly polenta, and some kind of small black bean. But they were GOOD. The roe was still attached - YAY!

Little skewers that had a circle of cucumber, a small thin slice of pineapple and then a prawn and crocodile ball - it LOOKED like an Arancini, and tasted somewhat similar to one...but had a different name.

And sweet potato chips (thick cut and hot/crispy) with two dips - a chutney and a pink/purple creamy one which I think was a sour cream and beetroot - that went very well with the chips.

It was the first time I have eaten carbs for at least 3 weeks ... I am paying for it this morning with a bit of discomfort, but BY GOD it was worth it!!! YUMMY!!

I really wish we could have somewhere to have a decent curry round here. There's plenty of kare-raisu of course, but more Indian style. The one place in Muikamachi isn't too hot, need to get to Niigata really to find something semi-decent.

I THOUGHT I was going to have cho-yummy Beef Cheeks at the local last night while we had a committee meeting ... unfortunately they were the worst bits of grissly meat I have ever come across, topped with a hair from Chef.

yummy NOT!

Ended up having some leftover Nanado's when I got home.

What a disappointment!

Beef cheeks? Must admit. Me being a beef lover, I've never had beef cheeks.

Tendons, marrow, tongue, liver, all four stomachs, intestines, tail, brisket, all the steak parts, but never had cheek that I know of.