• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wonder if they will keep them as they are now or do something with them. Hard to see Game suddenly becoming a success with the way they currently do things. Grim shops. The best bit I saw while I w

Yep I am well into it, but it has no manual! With PSP-go you can only buy online, and no online manual is available. So, a lot of stuff in the game is a mystery to me.

So I picked up a new tv and thought that a new game system, since I have had my Xbox for 8 years, would be nice. Which would you recommend? I have played the big three and think theyre all pretty fun. Wii seems like good fun, but I just dont know how good the other games are comparatively since Ive done like Wii sports and Mario. I love Halo type games, sports, action, whatever. Maybe its time to hit up Yodobashi camera and play upstairs for a little while biggrin

Originally Posted By: bobby12
I plyaed Wii on two occasions but I thought the infrared sensing didnt work very well at all. I'll wait for hi-res wii with better wiimote.

Thats what I thought as well. Hmmmm, Xbox 360 or PS3...maybe wait till a newer machine comes out? Any of the gamers out there think there will be a new machine launched next year???
Originally Posted By: brit-gob
Will there be new consoles at all

or

will the next gen be something more like a set-top + downloads

??
Will there be new consoles at all, or will the next gen be something more like a set-top + downloads
Originally Posted By: 1
Will there be new consoles at all

or

will the next gen be something more like a set-top + downloads

??

i assumed he meant something like steam but on a set top box like, whats the name of that new thingy.

Yes future is 100% all online downloads.

PSP-go has this, it is a cash cow for Sony. All games are bought direct from sony online store, so no middleman to take profit. Also, no paper manual or packaging, shipping etc to deal with. And, you cannot buy the games 2nd hand like with discs, so sales (from manufacturer) increase.

On top of all these massive benefits, Sony have the cheek to charge more for download version too!

It is only a matter of time before all consoles go this way. It is actually more logical for a PS3/XBOX to be all download then PSP as you can LAN the machine up. With PSP it can be a pain to connect the machine (must be hardwired not over wifi) and get games.

Sorry couldn't disagree with you more Bobby.

With the future of ISPs looking more and more like they will start limiting users on broadband, it could be a balls up for any company to go download only when it comes to consoles.

Bricks and mortar shops have too much vested interest in the physical copies that if there were torrent be a new console that was download only, they would refuse to stock it, like what happened with the PSPGO.

Yes the ISP situation is an interesting one and will be important.

Unless games are going to start not being GB in size, I can't see a situation in the near future when it will be downoload only.