1) People who answer their mobile phones while you are serving them, who then proceed to take a half hour call whilst in your shop.

2) People who shop lift. I have had 2 this week both of whom tried to steal 1/2 my shop. I politely pointed out the cameras and they suddenly where about 15kgs lighter angry

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Go Native
It really annoys me that we don't have daylight savings in Japan.

GN, I used to think the same till coming back here. DST works great at the start but some dim wit decided that they will extend it by 2 weeks... result means we aren't seeing much light b4 6:45 which makes the early surfs before work even shorter... I am over it!

DST (aka summer time) should be for SUMMER!

I, too, am over it! No surfing out here, but getting out of bed in the dark and not getting inside (because it is still light and cool enough to work outside still) until after 7pm is ridiculous.

Also over it.

Waiting to switch back feels like you are running a marathon and just plodding those last few yards in with your breath held ...huge sigh of relief when we switch back.

I am totally over trying to get children up for school in the dark - do enough of that through winter - now they steal that from me in autumn!!

Love it in the height of summer though.

Maybe the switch back should happen on the 1st of Feb to coincide with school going back...

Originally Posted By: Indo
Originally Posted By: Go Native
It really annoys me that we don't have daylight savings in Japan.

GN, I used to think the same till coming back here. DST works great at the start but some dim wit decided that they will extend it by 2 weeks... result means we aren't seeing much light b4 6:45 which makes the early surfs before work even shorter... I am over it!

Yeah but up here in Hokkaido it gets light so damned early in summer. It's fairly light by 4am...
Originally Posted By: gareth_oau
So Mamabear, you voting yes or no, or would you support DLS, with ending earlier than enmnd of March.

I can take it or leave it, will probably vote yes

Seeing as I am working this referendum in a senior capacity I officially have no opinion Gareth.

Between you and I though - I tend to err on the side of laziness...why bother remembering to reset clocks forward and back for such little gain...
  • 3 weeks later...

the checkout lady has put all her gprceries through and is now waiting for payment. The b(itch) is on the phone talking non stop and is fiddling through her purse to get a card out. All the while people in the queue are waiting for her to pay for her groceries and die of obesity.

hate it hate it hate it

multitasking was a myth, it was just doing things so fast it looked like it.... until multiple CPU with parallel processing came in..

anyways I have no idea about computer stuff these days...

Um... people on the dance floor who has a drink in one hand and ciggie in the other and answers the mobile.... No way !

I am the Queen of multitasking!

My car is like an office - power point to charge the wireless laptop, pens in the door holder, and post it notes on the dashboard ... i do most of my 'organising phone calls' while driving the half hour to work (handsfree of course!)

I recall one party many many years ago, standing at the edge of my SIL's swimming pool, drink in hand and mid conversation my 2 yr old son fell into the pool behind me. I reached behind me with one hand and pulled him out before his face even hit the water - didnt miss a beat with the conversation, and didnt spill a drop of my chenin. Happened to have a towel in my bag which was at my feet,and that sucker around the boy before anyone noticed he had taken a sneaky dip.

Its what we mothers do ... smile

If that woman can't pull out her credit card whilst on the phone, thanking the sales assistant, packing groceries and wiping snot from a toddlers nose - then she is not a REAL woman! LOL

• 4 months later...

"Priced to sell" really annoying phrase. If you place an ad in the classifieds, are you doing it for fun or are you actually wanting to sell it. So what is "priced to sell". Does it mean that all other prices in all the other ads are priced for looking at only.

You mofo, I think I'll call up and make an appointment then not turn up. Just for the annoying ad.