• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are staying one night and you are going to breakfast, you don't expect them to clean the room while you are out for a short while. I sure don't either.

Anyway one thing that irritates me is people clicking their fingers to emphasise something.

Yahoo auctions.

That stupid 5 minutes extra time that kicks in when you bid in the last 5 minutes.

i've been bidding for something that was supposed to end at about 10;29pm, it's now 11pm and still going, so what's the f***ing point of having an ending time?

I have only used auctions once and I noticed that too. It was annoying I bidded for something with 30 seconds left, only to be surprised that more time was added - in my case I'm sure it was 30 minutes added. Is that time add on automatic or can the person doing the aution change that setting?

The seller can pick this.

IT's good for the seller as they get more cash but really what is the point of having a finish time when it extends for an extra 30mins?

I think the extension has a limit of a few times, maybe extending it to 30 mins max.

it's really to stop sniping. A lot of people sit back and wait till the last minute to bid in an attempt to snipe the thing out from under the last bidder at a cheap price, rather than getting caught in a bidding war (which is after all what an auction is about right? - highest bid)

I hear ya. I like to snipe too (or stealth, if that's what you prefer), but it sucks if you think you have a good deal and then someone snipes you at the last minute without giving you a chance to make another bid! It has happened to me a couple of times. That's not a true auction when that happens.

yeah, but again, that's not really an auction is it. An auction is supposed to be about who is willing to make the highest bid. People drop out when they hit their limits. The time-limit takes that away. Great for the person who manages to snipe, but bad for every one else interested and the seller...

I have never ever used those auctions or ebay or anything like that. I was surprised when I went back to the UK how many people were using them.

• 1 month later...

Some friends who live nearby have one of those cheap-looking monstrous gold clocks with lots of moving parts on the wall that chimes a song every hour. Theirs does Let It Be. I cringe when I hear that.

Interesting that they have even less to say in a language that has a smaller vocab than english, too.

ii desu ne.

ne.

jozu ne.

ne. subarashi desu. omoshiroi.

ii ne. Hayakata.

so desu ne.

I get pretty bored listening to the japanese commentators.

hehe, I was gonna post something similar about Japanese commentary. And to add to that, I can't stand how they get celebs to commentate soccer matches. Their comments are about as insightful as my pet goldfish!

I thought J announcers were pretty bad at first but I guess it depends on the sport. I can't watch some sports in english such as pride and K-1.

J TV doesn't annoy me as much as it used to, I guess it's just what you're used to!

Well I think they just dont know their stuff here. In the UK, the commentators know everything there is to know about the game, refs, players histories etc so they can rattle stats off at will. On top of that they have researchers and stats programs to feed them data to report.

I think the JP commentators have very little of that so they have little say beyond who has the ball and if what they did was good or not good. Actually I noticed they even dont know all the players names all the time, or at least cant name them without seeing the number on their shirt. Pretty poor really but the audiences here dont know/expect better.