• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very lucky indeed.

Dentists are freaking expensive!!

Papa is in the middle of getting the Da Vinci Veneers on his teeth after several failed attempts to get a decent smile with years and years of braces and extractions etc - a long and expensive process.

Today we take Bear Cub #3 for his first orthodontist appointment and considering his two front teeth are crossed over I hear the ca-ching now!

Tell you what I HATE.

It's when I'm driving along on a fairly empty road, with a very clear view of what is behind me - nothing! - and some ojisan in a white truck pulls out of a road in front of me causing me to slam on the breaks. He then of course proceeds to drive along at 30kmh. It just really gets me swearing that.

Originally Posted By: ShinyDiscoBall
Tell you what I HATE.

It's when I'm driving along on a fairly empty road, with a very clear view of what is behind me - nothing! - and some ojisan in a white truck pulls out of a road in front of me causing me to slam on the breaks. He then of course proceeds to drive along at 30kmh. It just really gets me swearing that.

Oh yes. And it happens a lot.
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Very lucky indeed.
Dentists are freaking expensive!!

Papa is in the middle of getting the Da Vinci Veneers on his teeth after several failed attempts to get a decent smile with years and years of braces and extractions etc - a long and expensive process.

Today we take Bear Cub #3 for his first orthodontist appointment and considering his two front teeth are crossed over I hear the ca-ching now!

You should just come and live in Japan MB, they don't seem to care less here about teeth being crossed over. Not sure they've even heard of orthodontists!
Originally Posted By: thursday
So anyway, how do you remove urine smell from toilet carpets? Must be pretty hard.

I used to work for this Timber Preservation company and one of the main jobs was damp-proofing the sub-site of the house, which basically involved ripping up most of the floorboards to get access to the old damp foundations. When we had to do that in the bathroom, man it was NASTY!! Carpets are disgusting in bathrooms, that smell never leaves, believe me!! Also there are always some small leaks of every pipe imagineable down there.....its the worst part of the job!

Trivial irritations

People who bullshit and outright lie to wriggle out of a situation. They are not big enough to admit being incorrect, however small and insignificant the error really is. I hate that. It basically just shows how small they are.

Just been in the situation as you might guess. wink

• 2 weeks later...

Least you can get yourself a doily covered taxi there - here in Perth they are an endangered species!!!

Although I do recall a cab in Hong Kong which was like something off one of the Oprah declutter shows. PILES of newspapers, junk, clothes etc etc - it was some effort to fit Papa and I in the back seat and two rather small suitcases - one on the front seat on top of a pile of crap and one in the boot space also on top of crap, with the lid held down by an occy strap. It took all out will power to not look SHOCKED and crack up laughing.