What do you reccon, guilty, not-guilty? If she is guilty then shes not very good at being a drug smuggler.

Just out of curiosity, is pot worth more in Aust or Bali. I have never never been to Bali and have never purchased anything in Sydney but I would have thought that it would have been worth more in Sydney making her fairly obviously innocent.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/news_world_story_skin/572000%3fformat=html

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always found pot expensive in Sydney, not that I smoked it!!

I read another article about the availability of drugs in Bali and lack of trust in buying from local Indonesions in fear that they maybe Narcs. Therefore a few foreigners tended to take their own supply to avoid 'being caught' this way (and get busted by customs at the airport instead). Obviously there is an inherent risk as we have seen.

As for guilty/not guilty I have no idea!

I can't believe someone would take that much grass from Oz to Bali for a personal stash, nor do I think they'd take them to sell them there since they're worth far more in Oz. Of course I could be also be really wrong but I tend to believe she's a victim of a Syd-Bris (or whatever the domestic run was) that went wrong. Either that or she was just ridiculously stupid.

As for the Bali nine, well, that's a totally different story.

She had over 4 kilo's in her bag and wanted to pretend like she didn't know it. Uh, her surf board grew a tumor? How can you pretend to not know? Homegirl's offense might not fit the punishment but so be it...she must have known the rules going in.

I think she got screwed:

"Four, had the police weighed all of my luggage for the total weight, it would have proven to show a difference from the total weight at check-in at Brisbane airport."

Poor girl.

Im gonna make sure to lock my bags when I go to Oz. How sketchy.

Imported skunk fetches $400 US an ounce in Bali. Local Sumateran is as cheap as chips. If you are desperate you can buy from the cops. A few expats make their living by importing and selling huge amounts of Coke, pills & Ice.

You wouldn't really risk your life for a small amount of cash that a small amount of bubs could provide. If you were going to risk it you would at least try something that would net you a big payout.

I can't decide if she did it or not. I know her sister from when I was living in Bali and hope that she didn't really try to pull this off. If she did then she is taking the whole frikkin country for a ride.

I just don't think she is guilty. I mean did you see the size of the bag of buds they pulled out of the board bag? Nobody in their right mind would think you could bring that in. That and the fact that as Captain stag said, the buds would have a better market, and sell for a better price in Sydney than in Bali. I am suprised that there is a market for imported skunk in Bali Indosmn, although I am sure you know what you are talking about. Bit like selling ice to eskimos yeah? Also there is growing evidence that something suss has been going on with baggage handlers in Australian domestic airports.

Kintaro, if the pot had been put in by baggage handlers in Sydney, and not been removed in brisbane as the defence story goes, she would have never seen her bag, and would be as shocked as you or I when 4kgs were pulled out of her bag in Bali. No need to pretend, so I don't understand your point shifty.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by Dims:
[QB] I am suprised that there is a market for imported skunk in Bali Indosmn, although I am sure you know what you are talking about. Bit like selling ice to eskimos yeah?
Well if you have ever seen Sumateran weed, it is very leafy and not nearly as potent as the hydro stuff that is grown in Oz.
The demand comes from the expats that seem to have an endless supply of money to burn or tourists that want the "good" stuff on their holidays without have to take the risk of bringing it in themselves.

The Japanses boys are usually very happy with the Sumateran crap as its weighty and cheap. Most Japanese guys I meet get a huge bag and go to the islands and proceed to surf and smoke themselves silly!

With the bodyboard bag issue. Usually just a board, fins and towel it would be hard pressed to weigh 8kg. What really sticks out in my mind is that if you added 4 kg to what her bag weighed, you'd porbably know it when you picked it up.

I am not talking about in Japan. In Bali and those guys are there for surfing and enjoy a smoke too. Come to think of it, I haven't yet me one Japanese surfer who doesn't mind a choof.

As for me I don't touch the stuff and haven't for about 6-7 years.

Quote:
Originally posted by Indosnm:

With the bodyboard bag issue. Usually just a board, fins and towel it would be hard pressed to weigh 8kg. What really sticks out in my mind is that if you added 4 kg to what her bag weighed, you'd porbably know it when you picked it up.
Wouldn't the bag be picked up by dogs/x-ray (or in this case anyone with a working nose) at customs before baggage claim, so you wouldn't even get to see it and pick it up before getting busted? That was why I was confused with Kintaro's post as well. Or would they let you claim the bag first, and try and take it through customs before putting the cuffs on you? If the latter is the case then she probably should have noticed something was suss, heavy and stinky!

I was under the impression that it was found after she had picked the bag up, hence thinking that she would be able to tell the diff in bag weight.

Indo customs usually go thru all surfboard and bodyboard bags mainly to check if you have more than the allowed boards so that they can then extort you. They just got lucky this day.

Quote:
Originally posted by 34 guests:

So everyone that buys pot is partially to blame for putting Schapelle in Bali hell.

Buyers of pot are supporting the criminals that tamper with our bags.

I was going to write some semi angry response to your post, but when i was thinking about what you wrote, i agree to a certain point.

When i think of the whole "legalize it" discussion it reminds me of this Abortion tread.
There is little doubt that drugs (all of them) are harmful and bad. Abortion is also bad (Ocean calls it murder, i will not go that far) But outlawing abortions only moves them from hospitals to the kitchens performed by suspicious people
By keeping drugs illegal, you only help criminals to get rich, drug users get bad and expensive drugs.

But i would not go as far as blaming my pot smoking friends (i quit) for Corby's arrest. i would blame our politicians! they have done so much harm to too many people over the last 70 years. there is NO proof that the "War on Drugs" is working, rather the opposite, statistics backs me up on this.
SHAME ON OUR POLITICIANS.
  • 4 years later...

insane woman

Quote:

A top psychiatrist has warned that Corby will not survive her sentence if she remains in Bali's Kerobokan Prison.

Associate Professor Jonathan Phillips visited Corby in prison this month and says the 32-year-old former Gold Coast beauty student is "hanging on by a thread".

I feel sorry for the girl, guilty or not, no one deserves to spend their life in that hell hole for a pot offence.

Abu Bakar Bashir, who was instrumental in the killing of hundreds of people in various terrorist attacks is out of jail now after just a few years.

No, but your taking thursdays job.

I think that she would've been out a few years ago if she played the game a little smarter.

Keeping a low profile and then slipping a few back handers to the right people instead of posting your face on every newspaper, magazine, TV show and then calling the judges that are about to sentence her , corrupt.

Stupid!