The samurai understood these things well. That's what 'seppuku' is for.

Last year when I wrote a note to my secretary saying "Write a reply to this bloke for me Snuggles - looks like he's going to give me some work", I clicked Reply instead of Forward. \:o

He didn't give me any work after all...

This is one of the reasons why mail software should allow you customise the Icons so you cna actually well and truely seperate the forward and reply buttons. Having them next to each other is just asking for it!

I have the same quam about Excel's insert cell and delete cell function being above and below each other in the drop down list on right click.

i hate when you realise its going to the wrong person just after you hit send and cant do a thing in the world to stop it.

Thats a real bummer aint it. I hate that. It's like - what can I do, what can I do panice for a split second then resignation. \:\(

Check before you click!

• 4 weeks later...

I used to play a game by sending an email to some very senior person, usually a woman in the company. Lets call her Jane Lake. I would also cc my buddy at work. Lets call him Bob Smith. The text would be something like:

Hi Jane,

I just overheard Bob Smith talking in the elevator to other senior staff about how he would like to "tear your underpants off". I do not think this is appropriate and felt it best that you be informed so that any action you deem necessary can be taken. I feel this is best for the company".

In this company ones email address was formatted jane.lake@abc.com

All I would do is send it to jane,lake@abc.com, cc my buddy and watch him freak out when he read the email and saw who I sent it to.

I always had a cold sweat as I clicked send, just in case it for some reason got delivered to Jane. I enjoyed the rush.