Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
That sounds like a nice setup Sanno
Are those the original Bigs from a while ago. Real fat and all?? [/QB]
These are the original BIGs but they are a lot smaller then they used to be. Just 90 underfoot. Back then a real Big Mountain ski. Now just a regular thing.

SerreChe,
I live between Hiroo Station and Azabu Juban. On weekdays I am there most of the time. PM me for details.
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yessssssss Toque! clap.gif

Sorting out the final details but should be OK.

I managed to get some Havocs 183s with some NX01s. So I can just use my alpine boots. I tried to take Sanno up on his kind offer of lending me his gear but my boot sole was too large for his bindings.

Picking up the stuff this afternoon. Still waiting to get my skins. Should have them either today or tomorrow. Will let you know as soon as I got everything lined up.

Shit Serre

That must have cost a little coin

Really nice setup though. Everytime I go into my outdoor store I always fondle the havocs and crossbows.

Good that you got the newest Naxos. I want to see them in action.

Yes Toque,

not cheap, but I figure it is a long time investment... Well don't we all say that every time we buy something expensive?! \:\)

The Havocs set me back over 5O joeys, the NAXOs slightly below 40.

I had heard about the weakness of the previous versions of the NAXOs but read everywhere that all had been fixed in this season's version and that all users were very happy. I guess even for the previous versions, breaks were fairly unusual but did happen as mentionned by SockMonkey. So before buying I made sure I was getting this season's set. Good to hear the positive feedback from SockMonkey on them, looking forward to using them.

As for the havocs, they are a bit on the heavy side (they say 1 Kg extra at the foot is equivalent to 3 Kgs extra in the pack), but I am not light myself so I think they're sturdy which is a good thing given my frame. It also helps to rip through crusty stuff. Bring it on!

They had Tateyama on the Nagano news this evening. They said there wasn't as much snow as normal, but that it was still 6.25m deep at Murodo. The snow wall the bus passes through should still be in the teens. It was 4C above today, and the snow looked in very good nick.

Seems the road to the plateau opens from the 17th onward and not the 16th. Seems a bit strange sinc e the 17th is a Sunday, but I never question oddities in J land.

If that is the case what would the plan be?

By the way Toque you were discussing tent with FT, what is the plan on that front as well?

Thx.

toque, the naxo are my only set up (at least in Japan). I used them for mostly resort skiing last season in whistler, this year i've been doing mostly backcountry. I havent had any problems yet, but i've also avoided attempting any 360s and such. i did chip a tiny piece of plastic off of the toe piece when i took a high speed fall last month (from banging it with the other ski, my leg got the worst of it though). i don't think it would've happened on the new ones since i think all the hollow parts have been filled in in on the toe.

i have them mounted on a pair of 179 seth pistols and use them with my beefy alpine boots (which i hope to replace with a lighter garmont or scarpa next year for touring)