I gotta say that this past Saturday was one of the deepest days of the season in Hakuba.

The runs down low at Happo were thigh to waist deep. Had some very mind blowing runs down through the tree chutes and in some unexplored areas. The unexplored areas will add more terrain to next years sking.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was as deep as said and so dry on the north faces cause of the strong cold winds.

the only problem was that the winds shut down the top lifts at most places so unless you knew the mountain well it would have been hard to find fresh lines after lunch.

I saw a crew of 6 or more people even diggin for a lost ski at happo.

db = deebee

cb = creekboy

as for sunday the winds were so warm and strong so the snow turned to snot. Also the lifts pretty much shut down at 10am except the lower ones, the really low ones. Plus the avie danger has spiked huge in hakuba. I wittnessed small slides at 35 to 40 degrees pulling out on the courses on Monday. triggerd one that went 10cm crowm 30 meters wide and 40meters long it only stoped because of the trees.with possible new snow on the way some the BC is of limits for me untill im sure it has settled.

Sounds like it was a good day

Wish I could have been there. I was on the shink to Tokyo. I did get an amazing view of Fuji though. It looked really nice.

Fuji is like looking at girls sometimes.

Good from afar

Far from good

Hi Montoya,

nice pictures as usual! Looks like you did the next ridge after Nakaone where we saw people going down when I went with you guys.

Was checking the snow reports while in Bali and was hoping that it would keep on dumping when I came back. Unfortunately I came back on Sunday and it started raining on monday... Oh well, can't have everything in life! \:\)

Maybe a few more good days if we're lucky. Have you been out at all this week so far?

db, why the change to 34?

yama, u better known as creek boy, why not change?

Toque you seem to have the blues. Further to your comment about Fuji/Women Seen your post saying you've had enough of powder eek.gif !!! I even saw that you were a closet moguls skier! Get yourself a cheese n ham 7/11 burrito, a few brewskis, an OL, and you'll be as good as new! lol.gif

Toque wants to get into some chutes that for safety reasons are best done in the spring. So the man will grudingly ski pow at this time of year he/we are looking forward to tateyama and a few hidden gems.

PS ill take more pow all the way till may.

Job's pretty flexible so I try to make it out whenever I can. That said, after this Sat next time on snow might be mid-April.

Anyway, back to main thread there are definitely some good days still left!

Quote:
Originally posted by SerreChe:
Toque you seem to have the blues. Further to your comment about Fuji/Women Seen your post saying you've had enough of powder eek.gif !!! I even saw that you were a closet moguls skier! Get yourself a cheese n ham 7/11 burrito, a few brewskis, an OL, and you'll be as good as new! lol.gif
lol.gif
Yah dude. I am having the blues.
And I'm going to go on a rant to blow some steam off
Somebody stole my Mtn Bike mad.gif
The weather sucks poo mad.gif (except for friday/saturday which I didn't ski)
My scedule for next year is huge mad.gif
I'm running low on money mad.gif
I have another freakin Enkai on monday mad.gif

On a plus side I'm really looking forward to getting into the mountains with FT and others to ski some fun lines that I have been dreaming about for a while

Toque you left out the ol so that must be fine, all is not bad. Next year chuck the shackles of your job and go work for dave full-time.

im so hungover.

I get this call from my japanese mate who lives in atlanta yesterday..... but he doesnt life in Atlanta anymore he lives 10 minutes wlk from my house. so his wife, my wife and my got pissed last night. Quite funny how small the world is. He was my first translator in gunma when I worked at a ski jo there.

Montoya,

thanks for the update. I was hoping that maybe it would snow a little bit this wednesday/thursday to maybe have a go at Kagura on friday, but looks like the conditions are not great. If I go, thinking of bringing my skis instead of my board.

Hmmmmm, will see.

If you go out there today, hope you have a good time.

I still have some pics, vids, from our last outing with Sven that I still want to post, but to shrink them to the required size is a bit lenghty and painful process... Anyway, will try to do that today... maybe \:\)